Turboed d16y8..Problems ..PLEASE HELP!

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive got my car tuned and everything but having a problem getting it to go past 7K ..it will spit and spuder? Any ideas anyone???

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it tuned to go pass 7k rpm? thats kinda high for a single

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my tuner thinks it ignition problems....thats not that high ...d16y8 redline is 6900k ..thing is that it just cuts out at 6800-7000k and sputters

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you sure the rev limiter is removed?

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
my tuner thinks it ignition problems....thats not that high ...d16y8 redline is 6900k ..thing is that it just cuts out at 6800-7000k and sputters
mine redlines higher..round 7200 or 7300..maybe its cause its canadian...who knwos.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you (your tuner) using to tune with?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive got my car tuned and everything but having a problem getting it to go past 7K ..it will spit and spuder? Any ideas anyone???
my idea is that your car was tuned properly. If it were then your s**t wouldn't be sputtering. :lol: Just a guess but if your car is boosting fine untill 7k then you're air to fuel might be f**ked or you just might not be getting enough fuel. In other words, your ride just isn't tuned. Either that or your confucing the sputtering with your rev limiter.

another question..... Why even go upto 7k? If your car is really tuned then you should know where your power band tops off at and I'm pretty sure it's not 7k. When I got my car dyno tuned my power was topping off at 5600rpm's and anything after that was just noise. ;)

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I got my car dyno tuned my power was topping off at 5600rpm's and anything after that was just noise. ;)
Yeah most single cams make power to about 5.5 to 6 k and after that all your doing is wasting gas pretty much. The only single cam dyno sheet I have ever seen that made power up to 8k was a supercharged z6. But hey I know how most people feel wanting to rev there car to holy s**t and all, but its just a waste. the only reason it would be needed is for top speed in like 5th gear.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah most single cams make power to about 5.5 to 6 k and after that all your doing is wasting gas pretty much. The only single cam dyno sheet I have ever seen that made power up to 8k was a supercharged z6. But hey I know how most people feel wanting to rev there car to holy s**t and all, but its just a waste. the only reason it would be needed is for top speed in like 5th gear.
mine makes power to 7k no problem...

to OP: you just got tuned tight? did you happen to change your plugs after you were tuned? if not, i would reccomend doing so. mine did the same thing when my plugs fouled out.

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

to OP: you just got tuned tight? did you happen to change your plugs after you were tuned? if not, i would reccomend doing so. mine did the same thing when my plugs fouled out.
Here is everything that has been done while tuned and after tuning with s200 at Slowmotion.
1.)New NGK spark plugs..
2.)New NGK spark plug wires
3.)Tryed a different dizzy but still a d16y8 vtec dizzy
4.)Chech top dead center
5.)Checked valve lash
6.)Have 550cc RC injectors (all wired correctly)
7.)Walbro 255 fuel pump

Tuner is saying also the my V-tec isnt kicking in but i can feel V-tec and me and my friends tested V-tec but hooking a wire to a battery and unconnecting vtec to get a spark..which it did. Tuner also is saying to get a different dizzy, vtec, and camshaft.. but i have a brand new Crower stange 2 turbo cam ...So idont know????

I guess there is not much to check..but i understand you dont need to go to much more than 7k but it just weird it has a cut out ..even tho i have a p28 chiped with s200 ..soo thats where the question stands.

Unless there still is a timing issue but i have checked it and before i put my turbo s**t we got it timed correctly..so im stumped!

Anth EK Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Here is everything that has been done while tuned and after tuning with s200 at Slowmotion.
1.)New NGK spark plugs..
4.)Chech top dead center
5.)Checked valve lash
7.)Walbro 255 fuel pump

Tuner is saying also the my V-tec isnt kicking in but i can feel V-tec and me and my friends tested V-tec but hooking a wire to a battery and unconnecting vtec to get a spark..which it did. Tuner also is saying to get a different dizzy, vtec, and camshaft.. but i have a brand new Crower stange 2 turbo cam ...So idont know????

I guess there is not much to check..but i understand you dont need to go to much more than 7k but it just weird it has a cut out ..even tho i have a p28 chiped with s200 ..soo thats where the question stands.

Unless there still is a timing issue but i have checked it and before i put my turbo s**t we got it timed correctly..so im stumped!

airzi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1.)New NGK spark plugs..
4.)Chech top dead center
5.)Checked valve lash
7.)Walbro 255 fuel pump

can i ask how much u paid for yur tune?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look at the dyno chart in my sig. It doesn't even drop after 7.5k, it levels out with a small decrease. Intake restriction. Stock intake manifold.