TurboEdit vs Uberdata

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
which is the best program to use? i was also thinking of just getting a basemap off of turboedit think it will be fine?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love uberdata with my experiences with it, never tried turboedit, I thought uber was for obd1 and turboedit for obd0, but correct me if im wrong. I thought chrome and uberdata were the interchangeable ones.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ehhh u might be right lol.....

so for crome...can u download and edit it just like uberdata whats teh diff between the 2?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo edit IS obd0 UBERDATA AND CROME IS obd1 AND 2. so if you want to stay obd0 use turboedit.

i have a bunch of turboedit bins(maps) since we use it on my bros hatch

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wait....so i dont have to go to obd1 or anything....well i would rather stay where i am....what all do i need?

green can u send me those maps...my msn is tws_chaos@hotmail.com

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since your already obd0, you just need a copy of turboedit and your ecu chipped... easy as pie.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks...

and ok i got a base map rom someone on turbod16....im not sure if its for a OBD0 or not so i asked him...its for a d16y8 though. .42 .48 50 trim with 450cc injectors with .75 degree retard per lbs./boost tuned to 10 psi

now is this all i need and just burn this to a chip and put it in my ecu using turboedit? is that all there is from getting a good tune?

when i try to open it in TurboEDIT it says: "this is not a TurboEDIT compatible ROM!" which mean whats?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know we have a bin directory heere on cc right?
http://www.clubcivic.com/tuner/bins/

you still need a dyno and wideband to tune it correctly, you can run a base map but dont f**k with the seetings to much with out a wideband or you coud blow your motor. i can create a base map for boost.

you need this to actually burn thebin to the chip
http://cgi.ebay.com/AT29C256-Dual-Power-Willem-Universal-EPROM-Programmer_W0QQitemZ300007814649QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4661QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you need a socketed ECU and chips
http://www.moates.net/

its really complicated at first, it still is for me. but just do minor alterations to the maps, oh and on turboedit on the IGN maps, when you ADD to the blocks its advanceing teh timing, only add like +.50 at a time to test them. besure your up at where WOT would be, like -3

and besure you have Dual maps on, i leave it on even on NA setup.

whats your setup goign to be ill work on a BASE map

Last edited:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks yea thats what i need....ok its:

Pm7 ecu
450cc injectors
10lbs of boost
T3 .42 .48 trim turbo....

anything else u need?

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
you know we have a bin directory heere on cc right?
http://www.clubcivic.com/tuner/bins/

you still need a dyno and wideband to tune it correctly, you can run a base map but dont f**k with the seetings to much with out a wideband or you coud blow your motor. i can create a base map for boost.

you need this to actually burn thebin to the chip
http://cgi.ebay.com/AT29C256-Dual-Power-Willem-Universal-EPROM-Programmer_W0QQitemZ300007814649QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4661QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you need a socketed ECU and chips
http://www.moates.net/

its really complicated at first, it still is for me. but just do minor alterations to the maps, oh and on turboedit on the IGN maps, when you ADD to the blocks its advanceing teh timing, only add like +.50 at a time to test them. besure your up at where WOT would be, like -3

and besure you have Dual maps on, i leave it on even on NA setup.

whats your setup goign to be ill work on a BASE map
How do you post em up, I have a few also?>>Green

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
click the LONG IN on that bins page.
chaos find a cheap PM6 to get socketed you cant socket the PM7, you can run teh OM7 maps on the socketd PM6.

ill use a PM7 map, this will be a base map, so i wouldent reccomen running 10psi at first

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anad 10psi you will probally wan tot upgrade a maybe a 2bar map sensor, and you probally dont need those 450's 310 or 390 are big enogh

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its hard to find 310 or 390 injectors.....plus i plan to upgrade to higher boost in the future....

yea i wont prolly run 10 psi at first....how about 7?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
7 is better, this base map is just that a base map, try to find a dyno and someone who knows turboedit near you. i can set the map with PM7 fuel/ign maps, 450cc injectors, i can adjust the revlimitter cold and hot, launch conrol. let me know.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol i know nothing about tuning man....you do what u think will be best for me and let me know lol....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the hav eto be low impedence and peak and hold style for OBD0

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i was going to get 4 10ohm 10 watt inline resistors from radioshack.....instead of a resistor box

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol why not just use the stock resitor box lol the 450s dotn need the inline resistor just the stock resitor box in the 4th gens.