Turn signals not automatically turning off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm having this problem with my 1996 Honda civic ex and sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't. The turn signals wont automatically turn themselves back off after completing a turn. The right lever on the steering column that has the windshield wiper controls on it is loose but I don't know if that would contribute to the problem. Also in other cars I could wiggle the steering wheel with the car off and the wheel with lock, this one has to spin almost all the way around and then locks upside down. I don't know if this contributes at all to my problem but I figured since its related to the steering column that I would go ahead and throw it out there.

Any and all help is appreciated. As always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it could be the turn signal assembly that needs changing..it comes as the whole black thing that encircles the steering column and should come with the wiper lever as well..im not 100% sure since i've never taken one off or taken a look at one but maybe one of the cams got messed up some how

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
has your steering wheel been removed? theres a black ring with little nubs sticking off it that hook into the steering wheel that turn with the wheel and if those are not in the holes there supposed to be in it could cause them to not cancel themselves

khmernese

probably fell off the line or spring. i had the same problem. it magically fixed it self after i changed the wheels. lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They magically turned themselves off the entire trip to walmart. And then stopped working again on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.