Twisted seat belt

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello Club Civic.

My driver's side seat belt is twisted and i just wasted 30 minutes trying to untwist it but nothing....

I would like to know if any of you has had this problem and how you fixed it.

My car is a 1999 EX Coupe, I dont think it matters though. I also had this problem in my 1996 EX coupe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unbolt the belt with 14mm socket at the base where it meets the floor, untwist, bolt back on

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have never had that happen :-\

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its a pain in the ass. Sometime it twists from inside and you have to force it on the belt buckle part.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had this problem, took a bit of ingenious twisting lol but after about 10 mins i figured it out. Just keep at it, thers no way really to explain it, just keep tryin to untwist it and you'll figure out whats wrong.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate when the son of a b***h does that...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate when the son of a b***h does that...
:rolf: so do I. But for some reason, I've only had to endure 1 of these pain in the ass moments with my car.

You know what else bothers me? When people unbuckle my passenger seat belt and don't wind up the seat belt all the way so it's still loose and when you have the window open, it makes the clip fly everywhere and bang and make noises.

And you know what else bothers me? My driver side belt is like torn and f**ked up from being pulled on so hard (by my brother, previous owner) and sometimes I have to pull at it and let it wind up again a few times because it's all torn and gets jammed.

/threadjack. Peace

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, is there anyway to make it pull the seatbelt harder? It wont retract unless i help feed it into the slot. I want it to go up like it should.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OP try twisting the little thing that holds the seat belt at the bottom of the floor.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
:rolf: so do I. But for some reason, I've only had to endure 1 of these pain in the ass moments with my car.

You know what else bothers me? When people unbuckle my passenger seat belt and don't wind up the seat belt all the way so it's still loose and when you have the window open, it makes the clip fly everywhere and bang and make noises.

And you know what else bothers me? My driver side belt is like torn and f**ked up from being pulled on so hard (by my brother, previous owner) and sometimes I have to pull at it and let it wind up again a few times because it's all torn and gets jammed.

/threadjack. Peace
Seatbelts are lifetime warrantied safety items, take it to the dealer and have them replace it for you. Should be free of charge ;).

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seatbelts are lifetime warrantied safety items, take it to the dealer and have them replace it for you. Should be free of charge ;).
x2 - i JUST replaced mine today because of that same issue.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word: thats good to know. mine is a little slow to retract as well