two blown fuses; no gauge lights...

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So the other night, I got in my car after auditioning for the fall drama production (Big Love, and I got the part of Constantine thank you very much!) and after I drove a few feet, my gauge lights shut off and I smelled something burning. So I pulled my car over and realized I blew a fuse. No biggie... I pull out the spare, snap it in place and two seconds after turning my lights back on I hear a sizzle and then another pop as my spare fuse blew.

So I left my car overnight (since it was dark, a Thirsty Thursday night, cops were everywhere and I had no tail lights) and came back today to look it over. My first thought was it was a short in the red LED's I put into my gauges so I took them all out but nothing looks out of place, burned or anything. I realized I had one 6.5 where a 5 was supposed to be so I took it out until I can get a proper one and now none of my gauge lights work (but at least everything else does...)

So... yeah. Could this have caused me to blow two fuses? I looked through as much wiring as I coudl and nothing looked frayed or burned or anything. *shrug*

Thanks

Peace and Llove
Eric

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like something is shorting out bro. I would check all the new wires that you added to make sure that they aren't touching bare metal or anything like that. Have you tried putting in a fuse that is the next size bigger. say if you had a 10, did you put in a 15 to see what would happen...?