Two persistent cel codes

cizan316

When I start my car up in the morning it starts rough and revs to about 1200 rpm. It starts to smooth out as the rpm starts to climb after a few seconds. The car then smooths out and rpm is at normal idle. By then my cel is on.

The two cel codes im getting are P0303 and P1399

Iv replaced the spark plugs and wires. Getting a distributor cap soon. Havent replaced the rotor since its just on cylinder 3. Cleaned out my EGR valve. Iv recently changed my radiator and radiator fan switch since the radiator was cracked and fan wasnt working. Also reset my ecu after all this and still get a bad start in the mornings, but seem to start fine later in the day when iv driven around awhile. Just on a cold start I guess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RonJ

Banned
Replace both the cap and rotor. Then go from there. Did you install properly gapped NGK plugs?

A D16Y7 engine has no EGR system.

cizan316

sorry, the garage feature doesnt have HX or d16y5 as an option for me for some reason. I didnt get pre gapped spark plugs but I tried my best to use the hand spacer the shop gave me. Came as close to .44 as told by the associate. I just ordered hitachi cap and rotor and new gasket for EGR since the old one was torn in half and NGK pre gapped spark plugs since thats what was originally there. Will update when I get them in.Thx

RonJ

Banned
Oh man, the omission of HX in the Garage feature really needs to be fixed! Can you please PM Jay Jay about it.

Did you also clean the EGR chamber and its port and passage ways?

cizan316

I havent cleaned out the ERG port and passage way. I have to find a good tutorial for it first. Haynes *sp books any good on this sort of maintainece? I require lots of pictures lol

My IAC valve is located under my throttle body?

RonJ

Banned
I havent cleaned out the ERG port and passage way. I have to find a good tutorial for it first. Haynes *sp books any good on this sort of maintainece? I require lots of pictures lol

My IAC valve is located under my throttle body?
I highly doubt you'll find any EGR system maintenance in the Haynes manual as it is not even detailed in the Helms manual. Just remove the chamber and scrape/scrub all carbon build up from the ports and passage ways. What needs to be done will be obvious. Post pictures of the removed chamber and the mating surface on the intake manifold. When the EGR system is clogged, the IACV is usually clogged up too. The IACV is mounted on the back of the intake manifold of manuals and at the bottom of the throttle body of autos.