type r

type-r1

Hey I've got a 2000 honda civic type r two door coupe with sunroof I don't know wether or not its a dx ex hx or what and I want to purchase parts and rims for it but I'm not sure if theres an important difference between the models? can anyone help answer my ?

Jose1027

Registered VIP
What kind of parts? Look in the vin

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Type R is a trim model in itself.
Run the VIN through a vin decoder online. Just google search "VIN decoder" and type in your vin.

If it's a DX, LX, EX, or an Si, it's not a type R.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a type r badge from auto zone does not make it a type r.

type-r1

well how do I know wether or not it really is a type are its obviously not right hand drive but the decal on the dash looks seriously legit I mean it doesen't look like no cheap stick on autozone crap just sayin I do realize its just the body style but if its not really a type are then the value is f**ked so how do i tell and thanks for the help i will check the vin i just wanted to ask because im away for work and wanted to order rims basically already got an o2 sensor but I don't have access to my vin lol

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all, it's a coupe. That should be the first sign it's not a CTR.

Do you have an EM1? If so that isn't a bad car. Rear disc breaks, B16, and has a sunroof.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it right hand drive? If so, then it might be a Type-R, otherwise its not. That's a way to tell without the VIN.

If it isn't right hand drive, then your bolt pattern is most likely 4x100. I would suggest 15 or 16 inch rims.

EDIT: Never mind, just read that it's a coupe. Definitely not a Type-R... The part on the dash that says Type-R might just be a climate control, they are sometimes swapped over.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dammit. Another person in Houston totally uneducated about their car. =( OP, did you even do what I said? You don't have a type r anyway, the closest thing would be a type r motor i'm the car but I doubt that too

cuetip

Registered VIP
yes what child said, and if its just the motor you paid a pretty penny for that car... since the motor by itself is close to 4 grand

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well how do I know wether or not it really is a type are its obviously not right hand drive but the decal on the dash looks seriously legit I mean it doesen't look like no cheap stick on autozone crap just sayin I do realize its just the body style but if its not really a type are then the value is f***ed so how do i tell
A "Type Are", that's a new one.:lol:

Everyone has told you how to find out what trim you have.
Real Civic Type R's from the 6th generation 96-2000 were not available to us on this side of the world and only come in hatchback form.
A decal on the dash, real or fake does not make a Type R.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im calling bs on this. kids a troll .

khmernese

Definitely not a type r, as said above only in hatchback and out of the U.S.
So no matter how you see it, it will NOT be "legit"
No need to get upset for people just pointing out what it is.
Just because it is not a type "R" doesnt mean it loses value.
96-00 civic has only two models that comes with a sunroof, Ex and Si, if you are not familiar with engines and engine codes, look to see if your rear brakes are disc brakes or drums. if it is disc, you SHOULD have an Si in your possession, if not you have a common civic Ex with little to non mods with a bunch of stickers.

Try taking some pics and posting it.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Man, You can get pissed at us, but were one of the " Nicer" Honda groups!

This is a Civic Type R:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to see pics of what he thought a type R was.