Types of filter?

Lewis M

No cat=big flames
5+ Year Member
Im planning on making and ice box style CAI following a how-to. but i was just wondering which kind of filters work better, the mushroom style, foam cone style ones or the traditional K&N cones??
Cheers.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aem doesnt make a filter in a "box" style. Id just stay with OEM. Maybe K&N. I think comptech has one too?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
aem doesnt make a filter in a "box" style. Id just stay with OEM. Maybe K&N. I think comptech has one too?
I think he's asking which of the cone shaped ones are the best since he didn't mention anything about the stock filter shape.

I'd recommend AEM's Dry Flow filter (cone one). You can get it from www.summitracing.com. It requires no oiling unlike K&N filters that do. All you have to do is clean em.

Lewis M

No cat=big flames
5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I think he's asking which of the cone shaped ones are the best since he didn't mention anything about the stock filter shape.

I'd recommend AEM's Dry Flow filter (cone one). You can get it from www.summitracing.com. It requires no oiling unlike K&N filters that do. All you have to do is clean em.
thats what i meant im making my own cai system like the comptech and mugen ones an i wondered which kind of cone filter is best.

i just had a look on their and the postage to the uk was pretty heavy, so ill see if i can find somewhere that sells them over here.