Ultimate ROAD TRIP! Driving through this region, looking for suggestions!

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey everybody!
Short notice, but we're embarking on what we consider the Ultimate roadtrip. We're leaving York PA, headed west to Mt. Rushmore, south to Golden CO, west to Napa Valley, south to LA, and so on... Anyway, we're headed through on Tuesday and looking for any suggestions... hotels, roads to avoid around Chicago, places to eat great food cheap, etc.

Friend me on facebook, Brian Loughman, to follow along and add input. We'll have FB access from our phones!

And if you're on the road, I'll be in an 09 DBP Si sedan with PA plates and tinted windows.
B

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that sounds like an awesome road trip. i haven't driven cross country in quite a while. look like you guys will be taking I-80 westbound to chicago, then I-90 to mt rushmore...

i live about ten minutes off I-80 in Mishawaka, Indiana (next to south bend, about an hour and a half east of chicago). You're more than welcome to stop by, grab a bite, whatever. this is about 600 miles (9-10 hours) into your trip, so if you guys want a break around that time... i have a 2000sqft townhouse, so if you guys want a nap or to spend the evening, you're more than welcome as well.... or you could do so with the chicago crew instead. i dunno if you guys plan on sleeping in the car or in highway-side lodging, but staying with CC members could help y'all save some dough.

btw, there's five Brian Loughmans on facebook. which one is you?

alright, i'll let the chicago crew weigh in now.

edit: i just realized you posted this about a week ago. oops.

Riseagain97

I get lost in your eyes..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh well he knows for future reference haha That is a GREAT idea tho it would save you alot of money to stay with CC members if you were doing a cross country thing!

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh well he knows for future reference haha That is a GREAT idea tho it would save you alot of money to stay with CC members if you were doing a cross country thing!
True dat.
It was an awesome trip guys we took like 400 pics I think. They're on my FB... is there an easy place to upload that many pics so I can share them here and such?
B

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
imgur.com works pretty good and can do multi-uploads. just select all the files when u browse for them and it'll add em all for uploading

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure to eat in n out burger and stop by grand junction and say what up...

have fun