Ummm...smoke? Never noticed this...

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member

It's not white smoke, so it's probably not oil that burning right? Any ideas?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looked black to me... burning fuel?

Or did you get a new exhaust or anything welded recently? If you did, it's just burning off excess weld

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
I just put that exhaust on at the beginning of September...but it's a direct bolt on, not welded...I'm going to post another without the silencer in to see if it does the same

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
could just cause your reving it up on a cold start, dont do that s**t

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Axle back pretty low, hang it higher lol, bet you scrape it everywhere.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have a stock cat on your car? Or is it some sort of test pipe?

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
And yes, I know I need to get the metal hangars cut and rewelded so it doesn't sick soooo low...

As for Cat question, it is stock...no test pipe

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vtec won't engage while your car is parked fyi. and don't rev you motor like that anyway :nono:.

my thoughts? carbon in your exhaust is collecting with the moisture and is blowing out when you rev the motor

HARMON

N/A RACING
5+ Year Member
FYI even if your exhaust is bolt on there are still welds all over the place on it.... Flanges, muffler, exhaust tip. how do you think they make 'em lol

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
vtec won't engage while your car is parked fyi. and don't rev you motor like that anyway :nono:.

my thoughts? carbon in your exhaust is collecting with the moisture and is blowing out when you rev the motor

This I know, I was just saying it as an expression...but thank you for your thoughts...

FYI even if your exhaust is bolt on there are still welds all over the place on it.... Flanges, muffler, exhaust tip. how do you think they make 'em lol
Wow, I always thought my exhaust was held together with super glue and duct tape? Learn something new everyday I guess...geeeez

:thumbs up