Under Body Neon Questions

97CivicAccord

5+ Year Member
Hi I own an Optix underbody kit and I was wondering if there was a way I could hook them up to 115v and hook them up inside. I've never had it hooked up and I probably never will. If there is any way I could hook it up to an outlet please give me some ideas. I think it would be cool to hook them up in my room. Thanks

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now why would you have never hooked these bad boys up under your ride??

thats what there made for.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you were going to ask how to mount them,
1. lay them on ground
2. start your car and go forward and backwards
*repeat step two until broken

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi I own an Optix underbody kit and I was wondering if there was a way I could hook them up to 115v and hook them up inside. I've never had it hooked up and I probably never will. If there is any way I could hook it up to an outlet please give me some ideas. I think it would be cool to hook them up in my room. Thanks
to answer your question why not just cut a powercord from like some speakers or something....as long as its output is 12v DC....then wire that to your neons. If you wire those neons to 115 v they will simply blow out. theyre made for cars.....12v DC

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fast and Furious comes out next tuesday.

civic99white

casper
5+ Year Member
Why dose everyone talk s**t about the underbody lights just wondering I'm not a fan of some of the things peppz do to there rides in here but hey everyone likes different things that's just my thoughts. Rember we all come in here for help no to cridasized. Thanks my cc peppz

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why dose everyone talk s**t about the underbody lights just wondering I'm not a fan of some of the things peppz do to there rides in here but hey everyone likes different things that's just my thoughts. Rember we all come in here for help no to cridasized. Thanks my cc peppz
well, someone correct me if im wrong.. but, neons and other ricey things from the early scene were a fad. Those type of things went down in flames along with decals, shopping cart wings, heavy/bulky body kits,/altezza tail lights, ______________________ <<< add your own here.

We have all grown out of those early days and all have realized the $ spent on those things can actually be spent for more HP/TQ mods, or restoring an older EG/EK etc instead of going to pep boys/autozone and buying crap off the shelves.

Flame me if u want, but i think everyone has grown out of the all show/no go phase (except for HIN which still keep the rice cooking {pun intended}) and clean cars are really whats in and has been timeless all along.

this pic was taken 7/25/09 and proves exactly what i mean.

lifeline89

fart can galour
5+ Year Member
idk bout the grills... but whats wrong with that.. difference from show cars to rice cars.. look at mine.. show and go... would i ever add neons... probily inside maybe light up the engin bay.. once again its a show car... have to make it stand out to grab the judges eye.. know how many civic show up to car shows.. have to be the one that stands out then the other 30+... every one is different. i hate stock look.. and yes i do have a body kit and a big ass wing with a led brake light in it.. idc.. i love it.

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
true that.....i'm totally not criticizing neons.....but why use car neons inside when you can by indoor neon lights at like target or walmart? lol

rice is totally a retarded phrase, when guys want to make there cars stand out and have a fixed income we gotta do what we can.

and my cars is going to be a show car as well as track so.....YES it will look F&F but no, not rice.

rice is for those people who cant afford pasta. hahahaha

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, someone correct me if im wrong.. but, neons and other ricey things from the early scene were a fad. Those type of things went down in flames along with decals, shopping cart wings, heavy/bulky body kits,/altezza tail lights, ______________________ <<< add your own here.

We have all grown out of those early days and all have realized the $ spent on those things can actually be spent for more HP/TQ mods, or restoring an older EG/EK etc instead of going to pep boys/autozone and buying crap off the shelves.

Flame me if u want, but i think everyone has grown out of the all show/no go phase (except for HIN which still keep the rice cooking {pun intended}) and clean cars are really whats in and has been timeless all along.

this pic was taken 7/25/09 and proves exactly what i mean.
You just need to shut up. Im tired of you telling everyone what to do with their own car. We dont tell you what is "in" and what isnt. Who gives a f**k if its "riced out". Define rice? There is not one standard definition of rice. Its all a matter of opinion. Next time, either dont post or say something like "Not my personal preference, but to each his own" or something along those lines. :oh:

lifeline89

fart can galour
5+ Year Member
You just need to shut up. Im tired of you telling everyone what to do with their own car. We dont tell you what is "in" and what isnt. Who gives a f**k if its "riced out". Define rice? There is not one standard definition of rice. Its all a matter of opinion. Next time, either dont post or say something like "Not my personal preference, but to each his own" or something along those lines. :oh:
thank you.

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
no they are rated for 12vdc. they will burn out. hella mess. try it though. just make sure you make a video and post it on youtube or sumthin it will be super funny to see.

Tek-C