up and down idle when cold and warm.

jaycoupe

ok so the guy before me broke the side of the map sensor off to where the mounting screw was missing. it leaked there. got a new map sensor, new screws and put them in. still has a lumpy idle. finally installed a tach and its idling from 1200~ to 2k rpms consistently. i put some liquid gasket around the top of the TB where the TB meets the IM. still surging...should i go all the way around the TB? with the hand on the throttle body trick i cant really pinpoint exactly where the leak is. its kicking my a**. its been weeks of working on this idle. still no dice :shock:

RonJ

Banned
still has a lumpy idle...i put some liquid gasket around the top of the TB where the TB meets the IM.
^At best, this is a Micky Mouse attempt to fix the problem.

Install new IM and and TB gaskets and USE A TORQUE WRENCH to tighten the nuts and bolts to spec. See service manual. Stop f**king around around and take the problem seriously.

Then go from there.

jaycoupe

^At best, this is a Micky Mouse attempt to fix the problem.

Install new IM and and TB gaskets and USE A TORQUE WRENCH to tighten the nuts and bolts to spec. See service manual. Stop f***ing around around and take the problem seriously.

Then go from there.

i figured soon enough somebody would get to keyboard happy. if you want to help me than help me. no need to start talking sh*t. how will you know im not taking it seriously? i have a job and another car. this is something i do for a hour or two when i have free time. sorry im not waking up and falling asleep at the mercy of this civic. im doing what i can with the resources that are available to me at the moment.

RonJ

Banned
i figured soon enough somebody would get to keyboard happy. if you want to help me than help me. no need to start talking sh*t. how will you know im not taking it seriously? i have a job and another car. this is something i do for a hour or two when i have free time. sorry im not waking up and falling asleep at the mercy of this civic. im doing what i can with the resources that are available to me at the moment.
If you don't have the time or the proper tools, then stop wasting our time here and hire a mechanic. A new TB gasket costs what? $2?

Everybody has a life. You're not unique, so stop making excuses for doing crappy half-assed car work.

my93civic

I agree just replace the gaskets and then you'll at least know for sure it isn't those and you can chase it that way by eliminating those two things.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

jaycoupe

If you don't have the time or the proper tools, then stop wasting our time here and hire a mechanic. A new TB gasket costs what? $2?

Everybody has a life. You're not unique, so stop making excuses for doing crappy half-assed car work.

This is why I thought twice about going to a forum. If everybody was a master mechanic there wouldn't be a need for forums. If you read the original post ..I stated I replaced the TB gasket a few days ago. Thanks. Maybe you should move on to the next guy so you can continue your b*thing else where. If you're not going to help me ..don't go against the cause. You're not suppose to be here to give advice then start whining. If you're getting pissed off that I just bought a tb gasket and have no need to buy a new one. Just don't reply.

RonJ

Banned
This is why I thought twice about going to a forum.
Haha...have you now arrived at the whining stage?

If everybody was a master mechanic there wouldn't be a need for forums.
I'm no master mechanic, but I can do car work as well as one or better. Point being that it's a mind set. Do it right or don't do it. For example, do you even have the service manual and use it?

I stated I replaced the TB gasket a few days ago. Thanks.
Yes, I saw your comment. But I asked whether you used a torque wrench to tighten the nuts and bolt to spec. So far, no reply. Why? Because you didn't.

If you're not going to help me ..don't go against the cause.
You wouldn't recognize help if it slapped you in the face. You are a lazy and incompetent doofus. And now you're blaming others for your deficiencies.

If you have any self respect whatsoever, you'll respond to each of my points. But due to your nature, the replies will just be more whining lacking any substance.

jaycoupe

What's the point in arguing with you? That doesn't help me with my car. When do you plan to go away? Lol if it irks you that much. Leave me be

RonJ

Banned
What's the point in arguing with you?
You will never have the wherewithal to debate with me.

What's the point of this thread and you posting in it if you can't learn or follow directions and don't have the smarts to download a free service manual and read it? Just move on. Go away.

jaycoupe

You will never have the wherewithal to debate with me.

What's the point of this thread and you posting in it if you can't learn or follow directions and don't have the smarts to download a free service manual and read it? Just move on. Go away.
And you continue.. ill wait

my93civic

Back to the topic, have you tried my suggestion. I've worked in a shop and we used the brake cleaner to pinpoint air leaks and it works, i suppose you could use a starter fluid too. Oh and don't mind the db above, he knows his s**t but i think he likes to argue or talk down to people to place himself higher on this forum. I know he'll give me crap but oh well

jaycoupe

Back to the topic, have you tried my suggestion. I've worked in a shop and we used the brake cleaner to pinpoint air leaks and it works, i suppose you could use a starter fluid too. Oh and don't mind the db above, he knows his s*** but i think he likes to argue or talk down to people to place himself higher on this forum. I know he'll give me crap but oh well

yeah i tried it using brake cleaner.. i sprayed it where the TB and IM meets and it instantly revved. i put some "form a gasket" around the top where i initially sprayed...still had a wild idle so i put more going around the TB but i didnt go all the way around ( form a gasket is brown and messy.. i will need to find something to spread it with so i dont have a bunch of gunk all in my engine bay and on my sensors/hoses)

my93civic

If it revved then that's your leak. You sure you got the right gasket? Did you thoroughly clean the mating surfaces?the gaskets should go on dry and you should use a torque wrench, although I've replaced both on my old car and didn't use a torque wrench and didn't have a problem but i recommend using one

jaycoupe

If it revved then that's your leak. You sure you got the right gasket? Did you thoroughly clean the mating surfaces?the gaskets should go on dry and you should use a torque wrench, although I've replaced both on my old car and didn't use a torque wrench and didn't have a problem but i recommend using one

yeah its the right gasket as far as i know of. when i put it on the 2 studs thats in the IM it lined up perfectly. i just thought about something though, the old tb gasket was stuck to the TB and i peeled it off. maybe it still has some of the old gasket on there. ill get a new gasket again and check it out

jaycoupe

tightened the throttle body up more. idle is alot better but still surging. instead of the 1k to 2k idle. its now around 1k to 1500 rpms and doesnt buck in first gear as much.

quick question..the cap with the nipple for the coolant resevoir tank is missing on this car. the plastic tank is there and the hose from the upper radiator hose is dangling in the open tank . will this have any adverse effect on my cooling system? like constant air going into the coolant system or anything of that nature?

RonJ

Banned
Don't fret about anything broken under the hood, especially just a silly cap and hose.