Upgrade Ideas

Meyer003

5+ Year Member
Im failry new to the sweet life of owning and upgrading a Civic. Therefore my car is pretty much all stock and was wondering what upgrades should be first, i was thinking Cool Air Intake?

-I also have a underglow problem if you can help with that.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally I would remove the underglow kit and start with suspension and rims, then work on your motor.

TokyoCivic

ショーン
5+ Year Member
underglow is nice.. i like to drive around and see cars over here in japan with underglow, alot of lancers have it, and its pretty sexy to see the cars with underglow drifting up in the mountains.

o3civic_si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Post PICS....and more info

Boot the underglow

o3civic_si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
underglow is nice.. i like to drive around and see cars over here in japan with underglow, alot of lancers have it, and its pretty sexy to see the cars with underglow drifting up in the mountains.
No offense to you but in America we leave the underglow to people who have mustangs with huge poorly attached body kits.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No offense to you but in America we leave the underglow to people who have mustangs with huge poorly attached body kits.
i don't know about kansas man but here in chicago there's alot of imports here with that s**t on their cars too:shock:

civic402Lx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would do a lot of research and figure out what u want to do with the car b4 spending money..if u plan on motor swap, find out as much info as possible..ex: what intake will fit with ur swap, header, exhaust..etc..i just installed the skunk2 IM and i have a CAI for my GSR, well with the new IM the intake seat really high and doesn't fit well..i found out i should get ITR intake since the IM sit so high..so those are the kind of thing u'll run into..so now i have to customize my intake if i want it to look good, or spend more money getting the ITR intake..just make sure u do research..
as for basic things, i would start with maintenance first..check fuel filter and replace..spark plugs..O2 sensor..valve cover gasket, oil pan gaskets..replace struts/shocks and or springs if u want to drop it..replace rotors and pads..check brake fluid, if it's dirty then flush and refill with new fluid....check tires and pressure...check A/C make sure it's cold enough..summer is coming..i would start with all that first b4 modding..