Ur Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wow 127 in the SI ?? 7th gen manual ex hits 120.. i see the civics arent really much far from each other
ive hit about 125-126 with my em2
here is a pic of it at 122

wow you guys who took pictures of your speedometer going that fast must be idiots
no, you just dont have the balls

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've hit 131 mph on a flat straight away and could have possibly gone faster if I had more road (I like to give myself plenty of stopping distance =) ). You have to shift right at 8200 from 5th or else you'll be stuck at 125, at least, that was the case for me. Just make sure not to hit the rev limiter.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
god damn, i love your guys guageclusters.(8th genrs)

thebeast90

5+ Year Member
i hit 120+ on a 97 civic hatch with a d16y7 motor with headers and intake on the freeway oh only had to use 4th gear didnt need 5th

95SiDanO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how do the 8th gens handle? does if actually FEEL like your going that fast? or is it a relatively comfortable speed?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my EX handles great..i love taking turns now.. i can easily take turns that say 50mph at 80mph..and have taken them at 100-came out of it at 110

MSP4EVER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Hit 120MPH With my 97 civic hatchback Dx with just an intake, i also didnt have to Use 5th gear =)

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've accelerated casually 110 on a few occasions with passengers and they had no clue we even passed 80 mph, haha.

But if you're WOT, you definitely feel it :D

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have it 130 in my 00 ex and in 4th by the way

SH Anthony

5+ Year Member
This is why I got the Civic coupe EX....lol

I got rid of my 03' RSX Type-S since I just loved going through the gears. I was driving from Rhode Island to Texas in between transferring to Hawaii (Navy) and had the trunk/back seat loaded and hit 143 in 5th gear! Then up to 151 before getting Major Tunnel vision!!! Besides, it was like 130am, dark as hell and just as cold.

That was only with intake/exhaust and hyperground kit. I tuned the sheite out of it and ate up Mustangs and WRX's at the track in Hawaii. So I learned my lesson.....build a tranny before making mad power and hitting too many 13 second passes at the track....or get a Civic Coupe and rest for a bit till you find a new fun (non-over powered FWD) rocket to play with...lol

If you want to get crazy, get an RSX Type-S, build the tranny/pistons and turbo/supercharge it... IF I can hit 150 plus and still have 1500 or so rpms (to 8600)-or about 9k with cams......you will tap than speedo....

4drcivicmaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i hit 111mph in the 1/4 mile lol. 160mph or 256kmh. thats what my avc-r said. my cluster was by where the service light is on the 6th gen. dx tranny ftw. only did it once on the highway. that s**t is scary.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like i should race jpcrash again .... hell smoke me till he hits the govenor then its on ... gotten the integra to 140 before

SH Anthony

5+ Year Member
Sweet on the 140.....Love the Avitar....have to send me a link....thats awesome!!! Now that I live in Cali again. LOL

warfizzle

5+ Year Member
im driving across country to georgia next month. i will find out the top speed of mine alone the way.. and i will be an idiot and take a picture for yall

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hit 120 racing a turbod 240sx, I kept up too!

I didn't want to go any faster than that though..

Did 125 in my RSX-S though :]

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo 240 are slow in top end

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP