Ur Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypo74

5+ Year Member
Top Speed

Hit 125 Mph In 4dr Lx @ 5200 Rpm. Ran Out Of Road. Still Going For 130 Or Higher If Possible.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
we started at 70..... Meh what ever I just felt good with my STOCK civic keeping up with a modded 240.
not a bad car to keep up with though, especially in a stock civic ;D

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've had my FA5 on a long stretch before and had it stop at ~130. weird about it, as previously stated, is that if you shift out of 5th into 6th lower it will stop at 125-127, but if you take fifth into redline and then shift it will let you go further. the 5-6 shift actually drops you below the vtec kickover, and i never felt it kick back in, so i don't know if it doesn't let you.

and i apologize, but most civics run out of steam before they run out of gear.

my friend has an S13 SR20DET swap and he tops out at 120, but he gets there MUCH faster than my FA5 does. on our local touge there is a "back strait" that is around 3/4 mile long that leads into a sharp 90 degree corner. he hits his speed limiter in under 1/2 mile, where as i hit redline in 5th (~123mph) right as i'm entering the braking zone at the end of the stretch (making this tranmission the most perfect gearing for this course, ever!). i've gotten consistent enough with it that i time my braking with my shift light. when it goes solid red BRAKE!!!!! and i tell you, there's nothing like trail-braking into a 90 degree corner at 70mph.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the new SI to hit 137 the other day. Slightly down hill and about a mile long straight on the highway.

JackBauer

5+ Year Member
Here in the North I hit 218 km/h or 135mph on a long stretch before she topped out. Hondata coming...

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have never even tried to get to top speed. I really never take it above 100, but I can get there fast as hell. I really don't see the point in going over 100mph.

new gen

finally sumpin quick
5+ Year Member
hey my friend u must have the EX cause my SI does 135 wit four peeps.... n i hit the brake cause mama was screamin like the wayans brothers come tax time!!!

new gen

finally sumpin quick
5+ Year Member
right or i may be wrong if u have the muegan? that isn't proformance by any means it's stock buy honda, fill me in if there is something i missed!!

XxDarknessxX

5+ Year Member
hey my friend u must have the EX cause my SI does 135 wit four peeps.... n i hit the brake cause mama was screamin like the wayans brothers come tax time!!!
U hit 135 with ur mom in the car. I can't go over 90 with my mom in the car.:(

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
new record, i hit 156mph in the corolla woo!!!

civic_4lyfe

Dan blueciv
5+ Year Member
thats kinda sad i own a 4th gen dx hatch and ive hit 122 and all i have is cai, exhaust and thats it...

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my moms 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited with the manual shifting automatic governs at 120mph. lol kinda gay my civic goes faster than a 270+hp vehicle lol

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
I hit 168mph, then I let off b/c the guy I was racing gave up, I was still pulling pretty well though.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend has a pick on his cell phone of him doing 171 he said it took 4 or 5 mile hes a 07 Si door with a light weight flywheel and stage 2 clutch and back half or the exhaust took off> don't know if its true but

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
with a 5 mile stretch going going 120mph is going to take him at least 30 seconds to run a mile which is 2 minutes and 30 seconds to pass a 5 mile stretch. 120mph - 171mph in 2m 30s.. is that even possible? does his car not have a governor? did his car even stick to the ground? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.