Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Jens Pulver

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Voted Faber strictly because I dont like Jens Pulver. Faber is a decent fighter though.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ very nice fight. faber is quick as hell. he never got tired. that right arm of his never got fatigued. good job to both.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Voted Faber strictly because I dont like Jens Pulver. Faber is a decent fighter though.
Pulver is actually a good guy. Met him quite a few times.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no doubt, both are top notch fighters with much respect for what they do.
cant wait for round 2 between these two.

much respect to torres as well. his fight was just as good to watch.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really impressive performance by faber, he's got amazing cardio. Pulver has a hell of a chin though. I like them both, Pulver wrestled at my highschool in Washington.

hondacivvtec

Rob
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant believe Pulver took soo many shots to the head and still was fighting back.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
faber kinda owned him in the stand up and thats Jens' bread and butter. Faber's stamina is crazy and both those guys have great chins. California kid for the win. guys be on the look out for Nate Loughran of the NCFA.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really impressive performance by faber, he's got amazing cardio. Pulver has a hell of a chin though. I like them both, Pulver wrestled at my highschool in Washington.
which high school did you attend?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
which high school did you attend?
Tahoma HS. Heres something I read in wikipedia:

"The son of a licensed horse jockey, Pulver grew up in a five-bedroom, two-story rambler in Maple Valley, Washington (approximately one half hour drive from Seattle).

The summer before he entered sixth grade, Pulver was introduced to a friend of the family, Jack Vantress. Vantress encouraged Pulver to join a youth wrestling program. He went on to wrestle at Tahoma High School [1] in Maple Valley, earning two state championships. Pulver wrestled for Highline Community College where he became an NAIA All-American by placing in the top eight at the NAIA National Championships. He then wrestled for Boise State University, before an injury (bilateral fracture of the wrists) eventually ended his amateur wrestling career. Pulver eventually graduated from BSU with a degree in criminal justice."

I wonder what Faber will do after this...he's defended his title like 6 or 7 times now. I'd love to see what he'd do at 155...

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i guess tyson griffin would get a shot 1st

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that was a good fight and so was the miguel torres fight! WEC put that elite XC card to shame

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i guess tyson griffin would get a shot 1st
Yeah...Penn is going to fight the winner of huerta/florian first. If Urijah goes to 155, I'd agree that he should get a rematch with griffin. Griffin is also getting pretty close to his 155 title shot, I'd love to see that rematch.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ who you takin? huerta or florian?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know thats a touch one to call. They both have great standup and cardio, but I'll have to give the advantage to Florian because of his jiu-jitsu skills. Huerta was getting taken down fairly effortlessly in his fight with Guida, and got lucky at the end with the choke. If Florian can take him down he will probably win, but if it stays standing it's pretty evenly matched. Seems like Huerta has more power behind his punches, but Florians knees and elbows are crazy. I'm really excited for this one.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ faber vs. penn ^^
damn, that'd be a nice match up.
i wouldnt be able to pick a favorite.

Tahoma HS. Heres something I read in wikipedia:

"The son of a licensed horse jockey, Pulver grew up in a five-bedroom, two-story rambler in Maple Valley, Washington (approximately one half hour drive from Seattle).

The summer before he entered sixth grade, Pulver was introduced to a friend of the family, Jack Vantress. Vantress encouraged Pulver to join a youth wrestling program. He went on to wrestle at Tahoma High School [1] in Maple Valley, earning two state championships. Pulver wrestled for Highline Community College where he became an NAIA All-American by placing in the top eight at the NAIA National Championships. He then wrestled for Boise State University, before an injury (bilateral fracture of the wrists) eventually ended his amateur wrestling career. Pulver eventually graduated from BSU with a degree in criminal justice."

I wonder what Faber will do after this...he's defended his title like 6 or 7 times now. I'd love to see what he'd do at 155...
:thumbdown: for tahoma hs :P
jk. i'd like to know also what his plans would be after his mma career.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, that'd be a nice match up.
i wouldnt be able to pick a favorite.

:thumbdown: for tahoma hs :P
jk. i'd like to know also what his plans would be after his mma career.
Lol, I graduated 3 years ago and I didn't really have that great of time there, I could really care less. And I'd assume he could live pretty well being a trainer or operating a gym or something, I couldn't imagine him going to a 9-5 after all his MMA exposure.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, I graduated 3 years ago and I didn't really have that great of time there, I could really care less. And I'd assume he could live pretty well being a trainer or operating a gym or something, I couldn't imagine him going to a 9-5 after all his MMA exposure.
Def. should open a gym for MMA hopefuls.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i gotta give it to florian over huerta too. huerta wins but not impressively. florian is a finisher and i love those submissions. pretty much bj penn for the win over everybody..................yes even gsp,even tho i love gsp.