users of uberdata

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
uberdata is an ok program, but ive had problems with the options boxes not staying checked, and even if i do change them, they dont work properly (i had vtec unchecked to use a p28 on an ls motor), but it still threw a vtec solenoid cel. crome has more features, a much better interface, and better support. you can make a ud basemap, but if you actually want to tune, crome is the way to go.

Don't take this the wrong way, but uberdata was superior to crome untill a point. At the moment, crome obviously has more things in it, which also makes it potentially more buggy.

The basic uberdata 1.70 with all the right scripts will tune a basic forced induction or all motor car just fine. It gets a little funky with injectors over 600ccs though.

On your P28 ecu on an LS motor, the code thrown was the VTP, and this can usually be taken away by disabling VTP on either program. For a long time, crome didn't have a working VTP disable.

I support both programs equally. I think for a beginner uberdata is a good program to start with. Crome is starting to get a lot of features, that I feel shouldn't be touched by a beginner, also these additions to the program also make it potentially more buggy. But this is how such programs proceed with development.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i think im going to go with uberdata...but i do need a chip burner and wideband o2 sensor right? or can i run it without those

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive been tuning with ud for a lot longer than crome, and im not saying its not without its merits, i just havent had great luck with the program. up until recently, ud was definitely better than crome, no doubt about it. i just find it very limiting. and yes, i had vtp unchecked, along with vtec, and i still threw the cel. i switched to crome, unchecked vtec there, and viola, no more cel.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
so i think im going to go with uberdata...but i do need a chip burner and wideband o2 sensor right? or can i run it without those

you cant run ud without a burner, as you have no way to get your program into your ecu. you can run it without a wideband, but you cant do any real tuning unless you know your a/f ratio.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
ive been tuning with ud for a lot longer than crome, and im not saying its not without its merits, i just havent had great luck with the program. up until recently, ud was definitely better than crome, no doubt about it. i just find it very limiting. and yes, i had vtp unchecked, along with vtec, and i still threw the cel. i switched to crome, unchecked vtec there, and viola, no more cel.

I understand I have seen you around. But to be honest.. I haven't had a single problem with uberdata in a VERY long time. You just have to know how to use the program. Some versions of uber, like the first 1.7 version didn't have a VTP disable.

But honestly, you can't go wrong either way. But I think uberdata is a good starting point for most. Uberdata definitley makes better basemaps than crome does in my opinion.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the info guys...now what do you knwo about hondata s300. i know that the price is kinda high but it doest require a chip burner and it seems like it would be easier to tune than crome or ud. is that true?
instead of a wideband o2 can i just go with an autometer a/f or does it not work that way?
and if i do go with ud. you set the program on ur laptop, pull the chip out of the ecu, plug it in the burner than the basemap and other settings are set. is that how that works?
and what burner would be good?
thanks

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
thanks for the info guys...now what do you knwo about hondata s300. i know that the price is kinda high but it doest require a chip burner and it seems like it would be easier to tune than crome or ud. is that true?
instead of a wideband o2 can i just go with an autometer a/f or does it not work that way?
and if i do go with ud. you set the program on ur laptop, pull the chip out of the ecu, plug it in the burner than the basemap and other settings are set. is that how that works?
and what burner would be good?
thanks
The S300 is an ecu based system. That means that it is permanetley in the ecu, all you do is plug it into your laptop via USB and tune, no chips to burn or anything like that.

It is like running an ostrich all the time when running crome or uber.

You DO NOT want to use an autometer a/f gauge. They work off a 0-1 v output signal and are only accurate for a very very small range of use. Which is only for cruising, full throttle they are absolutely worthless. Get a wideband and be done.'

As far as the chip burner.. get the moates burn1.

I am starting to agree with the other guy that posted to use the search button or atleast go to the damn website.. I am sure everyone else learned through reading and not asking every question in the book. So please take our advice.. go to www.tunewithcrome.com and www.pgmfi.org and start reading.