V mount?

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok it's not really a V mount, but would there be any advantage to mounting my radiator at a slight angle? i'm putting a integra radiator in my EG hatch with a turbo d16 so i'm just trying to figure out how i wanna make the bracket

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why not just use the stock radiator

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, I had an integra radiator in my car and well it never got fully warm when ever the weather was below 60 degrees. You will be perfectly okay with a stock radiator in your turbo car, I dont think anyone here has an overheating issue with their turbo cars.

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make what bracket? the bottom ones the radiator sits on? just use the stock ones

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay, I had an integra radiator in my car and well it never got fully warm when ever the weather was below 60 degrees. You will be perfectly okay with a stock radiator in your turbo car, I dont think anyone here has an overheating issue with their turbo cars.
how is it in hot weather? it's like 95 degrees in the summer here

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it gets hot on the highway

i was told that the bottom ones don't line up and you have to make new brackets for the top and bottom mounting points
in the summer mine will start to over heat if i drive it too long because its so damn hot outside and if i hit boost, forget about it im rollin with the heater on until i get to my destination.

so thats at least 2 people you know with overheating problems ;)

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In the summer it was okay, but if you do go with a teg radiator you will need to custom fab your own mounts.

d16_turbo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it has been in the 100's the last few weeks here and i have never had a overheating problem, and i have a civic radiator

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it has been in the 100's the last few weeks here and i have never had a overheating problem, and i have a civic radiator
x2, check your coolant and your water pump if you got too. I've drivin my civic from tn-to-maryland 95+ degrees. Not a problem. To come to think of it, I still haven't fix my radiator fan.