V-Power or G-Power?

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've searched, read and even used v-power NGK plugs before but I honestly don't hear about G-power any. There'll slightly more and are platinum tipped but are they any better than the v's. I know the car recommend the V-power plugs but are G-power any better in smoothness or horsepower. I usually change mine every 25k miles or so and they're cheap so I'm not worried about iridium plugs and of the long life.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used the G Powered ones before. The car really liked them, and almost seemed to give ALiTTLE more hp on the ass-dyno. I dunno how I got them...just went to the parts store, asked for plugs for a 2000 Civic LX, and thats what they gave me...didnt hurt the car any tho...:what:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shouldn't be a dramatic increase in power but you can drive longer w/o changing them.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i thought this thread was about gasoline, shell v-power or.. some new s**t from chevron or something

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can now say that the G-power are alot better than the V-power NGK Spark Plugs. I noticed not only a slightly quieter engine, it idles smoother and seems to hold power better. Hmmmmm... Funny thing was, when I pulled the plugs that were in my car when I bought it to replace them with the v-power, I didn't realize at first they were the iridium NGK plugs. Hmmmm...

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Denso > All

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
x2

I have NGK Iridiums in mine and they seem to work great. The car idles very well and has no problems in higher rpm's. V-Power are great plugs...60K miles according to OEM Maintenance intervals, G-Power are equivalent to 7th gens which are changed every 105K.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
denso come OEM

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a set of NGK wires and set of NGK G-Power plugs on ebay for like $60 shipped, love them!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I read the owner's manual and Densos come OEM in the d16y8's and NGK comes OEM in the non-vtec engines.