vacuum lines

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As of yesterday, i've been putting on my turbo kit on my em1. I'm pretty much done with everything except welding my downpipe to exhaust and hooking up my vacuum lines. I've got to say, i'm pretty clueless about where to put all the vacuum lines for the turbo. I connect them to the waste gate, bov... and where do I run those?
please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your turbo has a nipple, use that to connect to your wastegate
for your blow-off valve, use the FPR

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't think the turbo has a nipple. its just a basic greddy turbo for reference.
here’s a pic.

Can I connect the wastegate to the bov? those are the only places on the turbo kit that I need vacuum lines, right?

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no just drill a hole in the turbo and put in a nipple to run to the wastegate Then run the bov off of the fuel pressure regulater

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont want to drill into the turbo for the nipple(i wouldnt)..just tap into your brake booster hose..make sure its closer to the intake manifold and make sure its before the check valve
if you choose to run it off the brake booster hose, you can also fun your boost gauge hose from there also

bov-FPR
Wastegate-Brake booster hose

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no just drill a hole in the turbo and put in a nipple to run to the wastegate Then run the bov off of the fuel pressure regulater
:word:

you cant run the wastegate to the bov....

you can buy a vacuum manifold and run the vac lines to it.....

heres my vac mani.....you tee it into the brake booster line......since its the biggest vac source

dont use the plastic fittings though....go buy brass fittings bc the plastic fittings broke on me.....

heres it hooked up

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its cheaper and easier to just drill the hole in the turbo.. there is already a spot for the nipple it takes 5 seconds to drill the hole and your done...