1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Forced Induction (All Gens)' started by 00civicsiturbo, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 00civicsiturbo

00civicsiturbo addicted to Boost Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

As of yesterday, i've been putting on my turbo kit on my em1. I'm pretty much done with everything except welding my downpipe to exhaust and hooking up my vacuum lines. I've got to say, i'm pretty clueless about where to put all the vacuum lines for the turbo. I connect them to the waste gate, bov... and where do I run those?
    please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. 2slo4u

2slo4u wait4me Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

3. 00civicsiturbo

I don't think the turbo has a nipple. its just a basic greddy turbo for reference.
    here’s a pic.
    [​IMG]

Can I connect the wastegate to the bov? those are the only places on the turbo kit that I need vacuum lines, right?

4. 96sohccivic

96sohccivic New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

no just drill a hole in the turbo and put in a nipple to run to the wastegate Then run the bov off of the fuel pressure regulater

5. 2slo4u

2slo4u wait4me Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if you dont want to drill into the turbo for the nipple(i wouldnt)..just tap into your brake booster hose..make sure its closer to the intake manifold and make sure its before the check valve
    if you choose to run it off the brake booster hose, you can also fun your boost gauge hose from there also

bov-FPR
    Wastegate-Brake booster hose

6. TiiM iiS l3eAsT

TiiM iiS l3eAsT Scamming Piece Of Shit Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

:word:

you cant run the wastegate to the bov....

you can buy a vacuum manifold and run the vac lines to it.....

heres my vac mani.....you tee it into the brake booster line......since its the biggest vac source

dont use the plastic fittings though....go buy brass fittings bc the plastic fittings broke on me.....
    [​IMG]

heres it hooked up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 00civicsiturbo

good looking out guys. thanks very much and happy thanksgiving.

8. 96sohccivic

96sohccivic New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

its cheaper and easier to just drill the hole in the turbo.. there is already a spot for the nipple it takes 5 seconds to drill the hole and your done...