vavle cover painting

birde427

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i was looking at engine shots for the past ten minutes and i was wondering how you guys who painted them, paint the letters and stuff,

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the easiest way it so spray the letters and the color you want let it dry, then put a few layers of chapstick over the letters, then spray the whole thing the other color that you want and once that is dry you should be able to wipe that layer off because of the chapstick, leaving the 1st color you sprayed

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chapstick will work but i was gonna say vasoline....but you get the idea,anything like that will work

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow i learn something new everyday. i have to try that out, seriously. good stuff ya'll

ryanM

what i did was paint the eintire thing and sanded off the lettering so it was nice n shiney, but i think the chap stick thing mightve been easier. but mine turned out great!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats a good REPUTEABLE paint to use that won't flake off w/ heat???

ryanM

j_fukin_t said:
whats a good REPUTEABLE paint to use that won't flake off w/ heat???
i used Duplicolor Wrinkle finish. ive had it done for a few months now, and the finish still looks brand new, havent had any problems at all.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I also painted it and took a fine sander to the letters so they look polished.. I am pleased with it like that..