venom 400

hcivic97

5+ Year Member
hey guys my name is charles and im kinda new to the tuner aspect. I have a 97 civic nonvtec and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i have been looking at the venom 400 chip and was wondering what anyone thought of it. Is it really worth it? my car doesnt make much power and was wondering if this chip will give me a noticeable increase. Thanks

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most likely it's BS.

RH2008

5+ Year Member
x2 to both, its usually not cost efficient to chip a stock car

hcivic97

5+ Year Member
well thats the thing im bout to put the y8 intake on it and im bout to turbocharge it. And also if anyone knows bout that. Do i HAVE to remove the a/c for a turbo??

rndmheroxx

5+ Year Member
depends on the type of turbo mani you get, some need to remove it some dont. and if your gonna boost, you wanna get an ecu tune not some chip bullshit. those things usually just trick the engine into running too rich

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
unless your boosted or running a built n/a setup, i dont see any reason to chip a motor...especially a D16

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
no a/c isnt that bad i didn't want to lose mine either but you get used to it just get some tint to keep you car cool when its sittin sitll

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
never had a chip in my civic, but i got a hypertech programmer in my tahoe and let me tell you it was the best $400 i ever spent. one of the easiest ways to get noticeable gains