1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Vibrates at speed

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by alexj, Aug 9, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. alexj

alexj Respected

My Civic is an 04 EX Coupe, 1.7 VTEC, automatic

When cruising at speed limit speed 75mph the wheel vibrates akin to a weed eater, especially over rougher stretches of road

Doesn't do it when idling or at low speed

I have looked at my tires and they don't have any metal showing, and car has been recently aligned

No CEL

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Have all of the wheels balanced. You may have thrown a wheel weight.

If that doesn't fix the problem, check the front suspension, particularly the ball joints and lower control arm bushings.

3. alexj

alexj Respected

Getting new tires fixed the problem!

ctag likes this.
  4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Sounds like tread separation.

5. drfunkenstein

drfunkenstein New Member

Yeah mine was doing that and getting my tires balanced solved the issue.