Vibration

navhonda84

honda driver
5+ Year Member
I got some vibration coming up on my steering column...just cursing at 70 mph on the motor way and its starts vibrating...well to be honest it doesn't need to get to 70, its starts to vibrate around 60....and the same when braking...it vibrates really bad when stopping...when compared to cursing at 70....

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
9/10 its warped rotors

1/10 bad tire

navhonda84

honda driver
5+ Year Member
tyres....they are nearly new....only 6 months old....and not much miless may be 3000 miles max.... the other think u said warped rotors..i am really sorry...kinda of new to this.....wat is warped rotors..

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tyres....they are nearly new....only 6 months old....and not much miless may be 3000 miles max.... the other think u said warped rotors..i am really sorry...kinda of new to this.....wat is warped rotors..
Rotors are the things behind your wheels...if you look behind them you will see them. Warped rotors just means the are warped(out of shape) If they were only slightly warped, everytime the warped part goes through the brake pads it would rock the car.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rotors are part of your brakes. you cannot fix a warped rotor so you will have to replace the bad one, but typically you do brake-work by the "axle" so that everything stays even, so you'll need 2 front rotors. new pads wouldnt hurt too

have a mechanic or friend verify that indeed the rotor(s) are warped before you starting replacing things though

Last edited:

billybadbadillo

5+ Year Member
Hey, i just paid some illegals to swap my tranny from auto to man, because another illegal pulled out in front of me and caused me to drive over a curb cracking my casing. These a holes were like, "oh yeah we know what we are doing" and all, but turns out the blood to their brain was restricted by the anus' contracting around their necks. any who, It was vibrating like all hell, and sounded like the throw-out bearing was bad, no that I took it off it doesn't seem rough, but when I turn the input shaft it's very audible. I'm concerned about whether or not the bearing caused all the noise and vibrations. They left off the front engine dampner, cause illegal's are smarter than the engineers that designed the car, so apparently you don't need it. I'm wondering, is anyone familiar with the manual tranny's, and can tell me if when you turn the input shaft should it be audible or not. I just imagine that if I can hear it, by just turning it by hand that the doo doo should be screaming bloody murder at engine speeds. sorry i wrote this here, I can't seem to find out how to post a thread on this page, i appreciate anyones help.

navhonda84

honda driver
5+ Year Member
rotor...we call it brake disc...the brake disc and pads were changed togther around 6montths.....
lol mitka...i will stop cursing start cruising...lol
i will get it checked...man i am broke..now this will set me back a lot...any ways if i can check it out myself..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
could be warped wheel also

mitka

5+ Year Member
when you step on brake pedal, does the pedal vibrate?
Rotate the wheels, see if vibration is gone, if yes, it was one of the wheels (e.g. it is dented), If not - warped rotor (or your rear wheels have problem as well)

I have vibration on braking cuz one of my wheels is dented.

navhonda84

honda driver
5+ Year Member
the pedal...there is a small vibration...i thought it was the abs...this is the first time i am driving with abs on...my old honda civic never had abs....so wheels dented that could be one reason...now could u please help me identify a dent wheel...i mean my wheel looks fine....no obvious dent...but if there is a tiny amount...i dint know...then again the alloys looks like they have been kerbed a lot...if i take and get it balanced will that do the trick..??sorryy i am a real newby to this...

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you didn't hit anything and the vibration starts on its own then it would be the rotors. If it is after you hit something then it is most likely the wheel...

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also check your rims make sure u dident thow a weight off it this happend to me once and i thought it was the rotors too until i looked around my car and noticed i was missing my driverside front weight

mitka

5+ Year Member
As I said - rotate wheels (put rear right to front left, rear left to front right, front right to rear right, front left to rear left). See any change in vibration? If yes, (that is vibration disappeared - you have of of the wheels (one of the formerly front) dented, do not worry too much). If not (vibration persists) - you have warped rotors. Replace rotors yourself. Will cost you $40 @ NAPA for new pair (lowest price).

the pedal...there is a small vibration...i thought it was the abs...this is the first time i am driving with abs on...my old honda civic never had abs....so wheels dented that could be one reason...now could u please help me identify a dent wheel...i mean my wheel looks fine....no obvious dent...but if there is a tiny amount...i dint know...then again the alloys looks like they have been kerbed a lot...if i take and get it balanced will that do the trick..??sorryy i am a real newby to this...

norybg3

5+ Year Member
I would def check your tires first. Had this happen to me before, and it only vibrated at highway speeds. What I had was a bad tire. My front left tire had a lump on it.

navhonda84

honda driver
5+ Year Member
cheers guys ..thanx for all the help.. i will get my wheels balanced first and c if it makes any difference..