TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
do you only care about big bumps?
i myself have blown a few of their subs, and fried one of their amps because i had it bridged too low....
to date it's the only amp i've fried, my soundstream can hang at .25 ohm's stable in 90 degree weather ;)

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ask Machinehead115 He has two in his car, a 1000 and 700 watt i think, i dont remember.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AqueousFila said:
Ask Machinehead115 He has two in his car, a 1000 and 700 watt i think, i dont remember.
yup... haven't had any trouble with them yet but i've heard that the quality has gone down on the new ones so i don't know about those :???:

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
volfenhag or however the fv(k you spell it (i would go down to the local flea market and look, but im in for the night) is crap. plan on spending 100 bucks more total, and you can pretty much get a decent pair of amps for the extra money.

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
do you only care about big bumps?
i myself have blown a few of their subs, and fried one of their amps because i had it bridged too low....
to date it's the only amp i've fried, my soundstream can hang at .25 ohm's stable in 90 degree weather ;)

you must have one of the few good amps. soundstream was excellent for sound quality, but horrible for reliability

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PAguy said:
you must have one of the few good amps. soundstream was excellent for sound quality, but horrible for reliability
my uncle has two old school soundsteam class As... he's had them for something like ten years... sounded fabulous and performed really well. But.. they're really old too. =)

PA is so right.. swap meet stuff, really. I don't see why you have to buy uber cheap s**t if you want audio. Save up a little bit more money and get something that's going to last. =)

Bobo_686

Shiny things amuse me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JL stuff man...theyre a little pricey but amazing

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JL amps are overpriced for what you get. Rockford fosgate started making a lot of crap when they hooked up with BB, but they have been getting their $hit together recently, and the prices arent too bad at all.

there are a lot of good manufacters out their who deliver a lot for your money./

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
my uncle has two old school soundsteam class As... he's had them for something like ten years... sounded fabulous and performed really well. But.. they're really old too. =)

PA is so right.. swap meet stuff, really. I don't see why you have to buy uber cheap s**t if you want audio. Save up a little bit more money and get something that's going to last. =)

thats the case with a lot of manufacturers, some products WILL last forever. the last few years they were around, they had some "problems"
then Power Acoustik bought them out, and everyone was like "OH MY GOD ITS GOING TO SUCK"

a few years ago, power acoustik made some decent stuff actually. most of their stuff today is crap except their monitors, but the SoundStream line is actually pretty nice (some of it, some is rebadged PA stuff)

if you are looking for cheap amps that perform well, go with Profile. I am actually ordering 2 in the morning so I can let them go with the car whenever I decide to sell it. If I were going to keep it, I would probably be ordering some infinity or JBL amps, because the price is right on them right now.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow Im thinking about starting a thread,, Im thinking about putting a big chunk of crap im my trunk. What do you think

Volvenhagas or whatever there called is just a swapmeet brand. Get a 2000 watt heatsink that might deliver 500 watts rms if your lucky.
Its late im tired
I dont want to rant
I also wouldnt take a crap in my car
or run volvenhagens ot any product like that

s2l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they're garbage. Burnt out 3 amps in less than 2 weeks.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's low grade stuff. I only see them sold in places/on websites that carry Pyramid/Legacy/Boss...etc...kind of crap.

vulvahog...lol :lol:

PAguy

Banned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would be surprised at some of the pyramid/lanzar equipment.. a lot is crap, but they have a few pieces that will surprise you....

and boss makes some decent stuff, some of their amps share internals with some of the planet audio amplifiers....

plus, boss offers a great warranty on video products. I wouldnt run one of their dvd units, but a tft screen with a 3 year warranty? hell yeah