• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know I started a bit late, I was just hoping atleast one more person would send something. you guys know the deal. so vote !

original

SlammedCRXSi

Ryoslide

Ekboi126

xquesiano

Nurevekcivic00

P.S. - USE IMAGESHACK TO UPLOAD YOUR PICTURES....NOT PHOTOBUCKET.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ferio-moreno said:
I know I started a bit late, I was just hoping atleast one more person would send something.
heh sorry man i probably could have finished it if i would have known u were waiting for more entries. been doin other stuff.

VOTE! and leave detailed comments so they can get better

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xquesiano changed his background and didn't match the reflections from the windshields...

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing against you ryoslide, your chop is tits, but i had to vote elsewhere

nice job everyone

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xquesiano hand down He did he most work. He hanged the background. The fog was a bit blah but the best chop by far for sure

ryanM

ryoslide got my vote, his looked the least like a chop, VERY realistic looking IMO, the only part i didnt really like was the tow hooks, they dont match the rest of the car IMO, look fake to me.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slammed - too much light glare.. looks like HIDs in stock housings :lol:

Ryo - I think the front bumper should've been carbon, too.. But it still looks suhweet..

ekboi - fmic is crooked.. otherwise (aside from the green wheels, could be closer to takata green) looks good

x - sidemarker is too crisp.. everything else is hazey, but that 'stuck-on' marker light. Background is stellar.

Nur - wheels are a little too crisp/sharp, and the wheelwells are jagged.. But the wheelchoice is smokin!

Hmm between Nut and Ryo.. which will it be... ;)

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mhi said:
xquesiano changed his background and didn't match the reflections from the windshields...
nice catch.. i didnt even notice.. lol

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know everything u did wrong and will be leaving very lengthy comments for each contestant. prepare yourself. :P

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I voted for Ryoslide he had the best looking chop, I think anyways...

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mhi said:
oops...

i had trouble with this chop, i did it on my laptop, it looked awsome IMO, than i looked at it on my desktop, and it was very dark, so i made a lighter version of it which looked good on my desktop, but was to bright on my laptop........ the lighter version was picked for this contest.

has that every happend to any of you guys? like my signature was done on my laptop and it looks awsome, every other computer i view it in, my signature looks very dark, to the point where you can hardly see it, which really sucks.....

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st off these are my opinions, 2ndly another perspective on your chop can help u improve your photoshopping skills. 3rdly i am an a*****e. :cool:

SlammedCRXSi - well i will have to start with by saying that u saved it in such a poor quality that the chops has suffered hugely from that. also the lighting doesn;t actually look like that, the lighting u put one would be similar to if u were standing directly in fron of a car. and there wouldn;t be those light specs all over the picture. another thing that bothered me is the grill, though u did make the brake calipers sorta the same color other than that there;s nothing that color or that goes well with that color on the vehicle. passenger side bottom of the bumper u forgot to color part of it, check the original and u;ll see where i;m talking about. where u erased the license plate the bumper almost looks like its melted and distorted. i like how u pained the hood down around the grill like that, it starts a nice flow, but u didn;t really do much to the car and because of the quality of the image everthing that u did do suffers.

Ryoslide - i dunno what people are looking at but when i saw yours for the first time, i threw up a lil in my mouth. that hood... its shadded way wrong. way too dark in some area;s and not enough in others. also how u just cut off the grill like that looks like crap. onto the bumper... it looks like u make parts of it in MSpaint. seriously monotone in some area;s like the entire passenger side looks like its flat against the picture and the bottom of the lip is also horrid as well as not the same on both sides. those points or whatever would be longer closer to the center if it were like how it is on the drivers side. the overall look of the front bumper to me is like the beginning stages of airbrushing it needs a lot of work and find some actual tow hooks. as if someone would actually have 2 hooks... i like drivers side headlight, thats really nice looking, but the passenger side is stock so even though most people probably didn;t notice the drivers side headlight it looks off to me. moving on, the intercooler looks like its incredibly low resolution and with the reflections on the piping its as if someone is shinning a light onto parts of it. it doesn;t look like its quite straight either. the fender looks nice except for that the top part of the fender should be the same lighting as right about the wheel since its at the same angle also where its really dark at then does to the hood doesn;t flow well at all. one other little thing about the front before i move on is the bottom of the grill, if u look real close u can see its messed up. k so after the front of the car there;s really nothing too agressive about the rest of the car. i mean u;ve got the low resolution muffler tips and that choppy sideskirt hanging down there. and the crooked wing in the back. but thats about it. also when u shortened the car u made it look really stumpy and flat in the back which doesn;t match the front at all. i would have like to see more of a matching chop style wise. another thing that bothers me is the window copies. it looks like u just used the stamp tool to copy parts of it and didn;t bother to go back and actually fix the crappy look of it. same with the reflections on the door that dont line up. the rims look nice, thoguh it does loos like u used the same rim for the front and the back so the back wheel looks all outta shape.onto the color u chose. the reflections on the car are all dull and blue, where the should be lighter as they are in the original picture. overall u had some good idea;s in the front that need much more work to look cleam imo and u need to balance the car out more as well as figure out how to correctly color a car.

Ekboi126 - not only is your intercooler way too lighted, but its off center and looks like u just pasted it on there without even adding the correct shading to simulate teh lighting that would be on it. the car looks way oversaturated.the yellow and green thing u;ve got going on reminds me of this sprinkler i;ve got... not really good car colors to be going with, at least not that saturated. the green mirror looks like u just made it green ontop of the black mirro and thats why its still black onthe than the reflections, which should actually still be light. i dont like the tint and thats about all u did. the grill is a lil messed up too. overall u should try to do more next time but dont oversaturate the colors.

xquesiano - the whole picture is too bright, even if u adjust the screen it still looks wrong.the lip is crooked and it looks like u made if from part of the boo and just like pasted it would there. the reflections on is are all wrong and is doesn;t look like its shded at all. the rims are off center and u used the same wheel like everyone seems to be doing. the grill looks flat to the picture and i dont like the yellow all over the car. edges look pretty clear from the background swap, though u did take the ground from the the original picture with the car so that made it easier.its an ok beginner chop, but u really didn;t do much at all and the brightness makes the whole car dull looking.

Nurevekcivic00 - well u really didn;t do much and i;ll just come out and tell u not to use the plain lasso tool to do your outlining, zoom in and use the polygonal one, u can make much smoother edges with it. the rims are flat and offcenter as well as being distorted. thats about all u did. other than the handle which looks like its a solid color of black

SlammedCRXSi

JDM 4 Lyfe
5+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
1st off these are my opinions, 2ndly another perspective on your chop can help u improve your photoshopping skills. 3rdly i am an a*****e. :cool:

SlammedCRXSi - well i will have to start with by saying that u saved it in such a poor quality that the chops has suffered hugely from that. also the lighting doesn;t actually look like that, the lighting u put one would be similar to if u were standing directly in fron of a car. and there wouldn;t be those light specs all over the picture. another thing that bothered me is the grill, though u did make the brake calipers sorta the same color other than that there;s nothing that color or that goes well with that color on the vehicle. passenger side bottom of the bumper u forgot to color part of it, check the original and u;ll see where i;m talking about. where u erased the license plate the bumper almost looks like its melted and distorted. i like how u pained the hood down around the grill like that, it starts a nice flow, but u didn;t really do much to the car and because of the quality of the image everthing that u did do suffers.
Thanks for the tips! I agree, this wasn't my best job. As far as saving file to better quality, I'm a little lost on that one. I clicked save. lol ... I don't know how to change the quality. Might be that I used Photobucket instead of Imageshack ... But again, thanks for the tips!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SlammedCRXSi said:
Thanks for the tips! I agree, this wasn't my best job. As far as saving file to better quality, I'm a little lost on that one. I clicked save. lol ... I don't know how to change the quality. Might be that I used Photobucket instead of Imageshack ... But again, thanks for the tips!
file - save as for web and u can select the quality as well as the image type (.jpeg, .gif... etc) usually u save it to around 200kb for the chop contest also the resolution of the image itself is usually kept around 1024x768 or whatever that one is. urs was a lil smaller.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my vote went to ryoslide....best quailty outta all of them....very nice man!

Ryoslide

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow I never made anyone throw up befor. Oh well the votes speak for themselves. Everyone puts in what ever effort they can and good work all. Unlike the #1 a*****e I'll just say keep practicing and one day you can make someone throw up like I just did.

Hey cookie can't wait to go up against you in the next one....Or will you have time :D

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ryoslide said:
Wow I never made anyone throw up befor. Oh well the votes speak for themselves. Everyone puts in what ever effort they can and good work all. Unlike the #1 a*****e I'll just say keep practicing and one day you can make someone throw up like I just did.

Hey cookie can't wait to go up against you in the next one....Or will you have time :D
dunno man i still haven't had the time to finish this one yet. and trust me... if i would have the votes would speak in my favor. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.