VTAK question lets see what you know!

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i gotta shift kit for ya....riighhht here....::grabs crotch:: ok boredoms really stetting in...im gonna run up n down the hospital halls yelling "code green" haha naaa just covert it into a 5 speed! man up son lol

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lamanana:<<ha vtec just kicked in...ok im done!

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cmon find a shift kit for me, i cant find it, and apparently your bored....

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a shift knob? or shift kit?

might can find you a shift knob. what you looking for?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec.......original meaning when it first came out from honda

variable valve timing and electronic lift control.

maybe i got the electronic and lift switched around....but you get the idea

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
you guys r f**kin ignorent i have a friend with a prelude whos vtec cross over is amazing i never said why doesnt it pull like a f**kin turbo i know its vtec just more gas i was hust wondering if mine was f**ked up
i do believe that the topic of discussion is a d16... not an h22...

a few questions of my own to answer yours..

how many miles is on the engine???
has the head ever been broken down, cleaned and reassembled?
what kind of intake?
what kind of exhaust... full? catback only?? new or old catalytic converter??
dirty fuel filter?

here is my explaination for all the questions i have.

a d16z6.. or y8 for that matter, right off the lot with maybe 30 miles on it will have a noticeable (in the slightest) crossover. however. once the engine reaches a certain age (miles wise) like 60k it begins to digress. my z6 has 160k on it. runs like new cuz i rebuilt the head for the supercharger thats on it. but i didnt rebuild till after it had reached 153k. with no noticeable crossover what so ever. i knew i had more power than my old d17a1 i had in my 03 sedan. but i got rid of that s**t.. sick of it. but there was not a noticeable crossover at 153k at all. my point being that a mixture of several things can cause the crossover (or lack there of) to digress over time..
1. Carbon build up = high mileage engines get this and it can restrict air flow to and from the head causing a less noticeable sound
2. bogged up converter= the cat can and will, over time, get saturated with the toxins and carbon that it is supposed to absorb and eventually effect how your engine breaths.
3. intake= everybody likes the sound of a new intake. we all know its a round piece of pipe and minus the AEM V2... the real science in most intakes is the filter itsself. in older engines, if you want the optimal sound to come out as well as optimal gains and performance.. you want to keep that filter as clean as you possibly can.. it should be checked with every time you look under the damn hood.
4. fuel filter= you're why the f**k would he ask that??? because the z6 vtec engages at 5000 RPM.. or 5500, depending on whos messed with your engine. it requires alot of fuel to run the engine at that speed. if a fuel filter gets bad enough, or simply needs to be replaces because its past its prime, at high rpms, this can hurt your performance, and eventually your vtec crossover as well.
5. exhaust= if you have just a catback, you wont hear it as well, if you have 4-2-1 header and a catback, you can hear it alright (ON A NEW Z6) if you have a 4-2-1 header, high flo cat, AND a drift spec 3" catack.. if will be about as noticeable as a b16 with 300k miles on it.

the reason i asked these questions is because i either cleaned, replaced, or rebuilt any of the afore mentioned topics, all these not only improved my throttle responce, but also gave gains due to better air flow, as well as better mechanical status on my z6 before i supercharged it. the whole point of this site is to get advice from those who can say "been there done that" to the troubles that you are having or the questions you may have, i hope i helped.

P.S. before you pop off to someone about how anything with engines is different with your buddies than yours... make sure you got your engine codes down... each series vtec is different, and each series engine cant be compared with vtec. just a lil heads up. haha

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok another little triva ? for all you! lol what was the first vehicle to introduce the vtec?

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HAHA this s**t is funny man i love watchin people fight on CC. and ya there even on d16y8 when you hit VTEC (NOT VTAK :rice:) it not that noticable.

BTW: props to blowngasket