vtec? is it overated or not?

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's why I can't do circuits, until summer that is. Stock suspension and shitty tires.
I hope you get into it man, and I hope your Auto X trials go well, make sure to post some stuff up ^_^

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh I certainly will. Thanks man. I got an itchy order finger for koni yellows and gc coils with some sticky tires. I'll post some stuff up next time I autoX for sure.

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member
KCUF it i'll say it.......VTEC is OVERRATED just like the whole JDM thing is!!! anybody on here been to japan?? well i have i'm in the navy....b4 i went there i was a HONDA JUNKIE like everybody else then being over there for 2 months i realized that hondas period are overrated in america expecially civics & tegs them SREKCUF in japn dont care for them over there the tuner scene is....trust when i say this being a HONDA JUNKIE i didn't want to admit it until i came back from overseas then i realized it all overrated....but don't get me wrong its a marvel of engine tech. but would u expect ppl that have an infatuation with it admit???? hell nah but somebody tell me this, do HONDA JUNKIES have the balls to admit that there all EMO when it comes to their DOHC VTEC civics & tegs no they dont so i'll just anwser for you HELL NO unless you own a 220hp 2.0ltr i-VTEC engine

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What the hell did you just say? And hondas aren't big in Japan? That must be why Japan gets the higher performance versions and ours are watered down right?

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ i didnt understand half of what you said, but did you just call me emo? how does a havin a gsr make me emo?

and no, ive never been to japan. and what makes you think they dont care about hondas over there? ive seen some nice civics and integras from japan.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I mean if you've never ridden in anything faster than it yet, you're going to think it's pretty quick. In reality though, it's not really that fast, especially in the car scene. Loads of potential, but in todays world, 15.7 is not fast.

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
THIS THREAD IS NEVER GOING TO END LOL!

1. civic si is fast for what it is
2. is cheap
3. looks good
4. reliable
5. economical
6. its a honda

i know for a fact that civic coupes (si's ex etc.) are very popular in the US but here in the uk no one even knows what a civic coupe is appart from the very few that own them.

in the UK the civic in not appreciated enough, which is why i keep saying that is very good, fast, (positive comments) etc.

imo CIVIC OWNERS ROCK.

END OF!

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, vtec is good for driveability and a good idle for my setup with the excellent Crower feel up top with my umpteen amounts of compression. I would say a 15-20 hp jump is not overrated but it is just what it is. If you have the money, go vtec. If you are going tubo on a buget, no vtec. If you are going all motor, you ain't doing s**t without vtec unless you have vtec killer cams so its like all day vtec. Compare an all motor Ls to an all motor GSR. Really the difference is apparent. One is better clearly but it is all the vtec whoring ricers out there like, "OMG, I'm gonna get a d15b so I can have mad VTAAKK. Vtaak is where it is at. My crossover is so strong it feels like a 14 sec car, why am I running 16's. My VTAAK must need to be lower and I need to rev higher on my single cam." It is the retards that overrate something. Pussy is good, but when you put it on a pedistal and get it, it kinda lowers what you think about it. Same concept.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could as easily say, How does a Turbo help VTEC? it doesn't, A turbo or any type of forced induction doesn't belong on a VTEC equipped Honda engine in the first place.
You can easily say whatever you want, especially over then net but that's what I said in my post to begin with. babboso!

KLiK

5+ Year Member
its overrated.
then you say to me is there a better Variable Valve technic in the world?!

only one that is more advanced is the VANOS2 from BMW that doesn't need the throttle...but still it cannot come close to 120HP/liter like on the Honda VTECs (I'm talking about serial manufacturing)!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec, either your engine has it or it doesnt. is't not overrated, now close this god damn thread.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec is overrated like a motherfucker! Overrated because of dumbasses like you that want to argue about vtec!

:retard:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol..

close the thread.. who gives a f**k.

EF Honda EF

ive owned a ls hatch and a b16 hatch. I like the b16 better. vtec is a great idea by honda and all their motors produce a good amount of power. Just people on this web site are idiots and say it is over rated

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol....ok, its not overrated. now CLOSE the thread.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol....ok, its not overrated. now CLOSE the thread.
Instead of posting the same thing three times in here, cry your ass off to a mod if you want it closed so damn bad...

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vtec ftmfw! lol its not bad but i dont complain cause i have it on the ex. but i want turbo soon sooo boost ftw