vtec movement

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey, i just saw some things bout moving the vtec, is it true if the vtec engagement is lower then standard say 5500 rpm, and is lowered to say 5400, does the car then jurk cause of the power curve changes? wat bout if it is moved to 5600 rpm? so it looses some hp from the low cam then changes to high cam?

im jw bout this i read that, any cons or pros bout doing that? i know might loose some hp if the af changed or so to work with it, but?

thanks

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vtec will jerked if the fuel is to much or not enough when you chagne the curve...even if the fuel is right you won't gain any power if its not set right for your cam / setup....If you need a tuner I tune cars in de, md, pa. PM me.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would that really make much of a difference? Especially on a y8?

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skinnyjdawg said:
Would that really make much of a difference? Especially on a y8?
have faith in honda. you are not supposed to feel a jerk on vtec engagement. if you do. its set wrong.

vtec is lame anyway.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatch said:
have faith in honda. you are not supposed to feel a jerk on vtec engagement. if you do. its set wrong.

vtec is lame anyway.
haha thats what I figured. Someone got paid a lot more than me to figure out where to put it :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the vtec is allready set for an optimal power curve, unless you're heavily modded it wont do jack s**t... and even if you're heavily modded it wont do much more than jack s**t

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
the vtec is allready set for an optimal power curve, unless you're heavily modded it wont do jack s**t... and even if you're heavily modded it wont do much more than jack s**t
Aftermarket cams don't always work best with stock engagement...

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Aftermarket cams don't always work best with stock engagement...
of course it doesn't. Thats common sense isn't it?

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

Thats a bullshit statement. Don't spread misinformation. CTR in a gsr or b16 can gain alot on a turbo motor. Come take a ride in one of the cars I have tuned if you need proof. Intake, header and exhaust doesnt always gain alot. You gain more from adding timing and running higher octane fuel. Hondas stock maps are made for fuel economy and good power you can still improve over stock. Look at the k series...20 hp wiht stock engine on k pro. I've seen killer gains on b20s with a good tune. I havent tuned any stock y8s but I'm about to do one with intake header and exhaust for my little brothers crx. I'll let you know what I find when I take it to dyno.

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
deftones0817 said:
I havent tuned any stock y8s but I'm about to do one with intake header and exhaust for my little brothers crx. I'll let you know what I find when I take it to dyno.
Cool let me know how that turns out. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about that