VTEC on a stock civic ex ???

00Civ1c

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure it says small details like this in the "Specs" part of this site. So if you're ever curious about something that has to do stock information about your car check there first man.

///AMii

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
God some of the replies in this thread are rediculous.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SOHC V-TaK. If your A/C is on, you won't hear/feel it. If your A/C is off, you still won't hear/feel it, but you'll think you do.

Chaddcl0ps

5+ Year Member
yea...you dont feel s**t...you hear it...it revs....then when you hit about 5500rpm...it revs a little louder...but the sound jumps a noticble amount...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
red96civicex said:
so your asking if you have any vtec...the way you say it, you make it seem like it only has a little bit..:(
It does just have a little bit. It's more of somethign you hear than feel.
Trey99EK said:
The fluid is in a really stupid place. You have to take out the passenger airbag.
That's really not funny. The OP is obviously very confused about this subject and this post just helps to spread misinformation.

It doesn't even read as an obvious joke to someone who might not know about cars very much.
MANNYBOY23 said:
one word vtec
Actually, Honda uses both. In the EPC there is a model that is labeled the "del Sol V-TEC". Most people do seem to spell it as "VTEC", but "V-TEC" is still fine really. I didn't notice until recently either though.

jdm97ek4 said:
your engine is a d16y8 wich is a 1.6l sohc vtec. and it will activate @ 5400rpm it is oil pressure activated.
Cut and dry. :thumbs up
00Civ1c said:
I'm pretty sure it says small details like this in the "Specs" part of this site. So if you're ever curious about something that has to do stock information about your car check there first man.

///AMii
Stuff like this is not included in the specs. The specs mostly list engine codes, specs to said engines, weights, chassis codes and color codes. Much of it is wrong or questionable unfortunately.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
00Civ1c said:
I hope that wasn't directed towards me?

///AMii
No. Some of the posts on page two made me laugh pretty hard though :lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
I meant more along the lines of what the thread turned into... it mentioned how VTEC worked, about how it's related to oil, etc. I know it says "SOHC VTEC" and such in the specs on the site, but it doesn't go much more beyond that. It also doesn't mention a lot of stock information.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suanico said:
i think hes referring to your engine oil. and vtec should kick it at 5500 all stock, i gurantee you if you put and intake on your car you will hear the vtec cross over for sure

i thought it was 5800?