XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just read about this. I guess it's only going to be in European CTR in 2015?

Either way I think it's a good move on Honda's part. They were falling behind, those I suppose if it's not broken, why fix it? Honda's are well known for their reliability and I'm hoping that this won't change with added forced induction...

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Just read about this. I guess it's only going to be in European CTR in 2015?

Either way I think it's a good move on Honda's part. They were falling behind, those I suppose if it's not broken, why fix it? Honda's are well known for their reliability and I'm hoping that this won't change with added forced induction...
It will, think about it. "Performance" type vehicles are inherently beat on their entire lives and rarely taken care of properly. Just like DSMs, everyone knocks them for being junk but look at the lives they lived before the whole import performance thing really took off. The more responsible the owner, the better off the car and it's reputation is.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seriously, it's honda. The type R line has been just as reliable as every other model they produce. People are buying old ass Nsx's that don't need anything other than regular maintenance. Even the swapped and beat on civics and integras typically still work just fine fine but they tend to look like s**t due to the owner. I think this new civic will be just as reliable and still feel underpowered like usual since they dropped down to a 2.0l instead of building on the 2.4l powerplant.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Seriously, it's honda. The type R line has been just as reliable as every other model they produce. People are buying old ass Nsx's that don't need anything other than regular maintenance. Even the swapped and beat on civics and integras typically still work just fine fine but they tend to look like s*** due to the owner. I think this new civic will be just as reliable and still feel underpowered like usual since they dropped down to a 2.0l instead of building on the 2.4l powerplant.
The majority of civics aren't type r's and those who own them typically baby them. You can't compare a high end "sports car" to an econo box with a turbo slapped on it, they don't have the same type of owner who can afford proper maintenance. Im not saying it wont be a reliable vehicle, it will be up to the owners and that is where the reputation comes from. Obvious factory defects aren't included of course.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm a little excited for this =)

Jose1027

Registered VIP
The majority of civics aren't type r's and those who own them typically baby them. You can't compare a high end "sports car" to an econo box with a turbo slapped on it, they don't have the same type of owner who can afford proper maintenance. Im not saying it wont be a reliable vehicle, it will be up to the owners and that is where the reputation comes from. Obvious factory defects aren't included of course.
Agree:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
280hp is pretty good for a 2.0L turbo. Most companies now are moving towards GDI turbo engines because they want smaller displacement and the same or better efficiency. For example, Ford's twin turbo V6 ecoboost replacing the 5.4L V8. I have mixed feelings about GDI and believe light duty diesels will soon take over the world...

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Honda really doesn't have a choice, the efficiency of today's turbo systems are so good and the price of such parts are becoming more affordable as they are packing them in compact cars regularly.

Personally I think Honda fell behind in the early 2000's.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It'd be great if they put this motor in a better looking, lighter/smaller Civic... Not that fugly new CTR.

BTW, I really wouldn't worry about the reliability. If the engine gets f'd it's because of incompetent owners or people not knowing what they're doing when modifying the motor. Both of which is not a reliability issue.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I actually don't think the ctr is ugly,I kind of like it,its different.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk