Vtec. ?

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just wire what up? clear questions get great responses.

and if your talking about adding vtec to your y8, then you need to step away from the car and go pick up your ninja turtles

ej8mike

The solenoid and all is in there. I have the wire harness for it and ecu to run vtec

vtakek

Which ECU do you have? I just wired up my vtec a few weeks ago so the diagram is still pretty fresh in my head.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
^ Possible the same as me.....I believe my ECU is a P2P....it's a '97 SOHC Vtec Ecu (manual I'm sure) and I've got the Y8 head on and running. I've got the solenoid and whatnot on except I've got a knock sensor to wire in instead of an entire harness. OP I think it's pretty straight forward, since I know the knock sensor and wiring is "fairly simple" in my mind.

vtakek

You can just run the two wires [VTEC pressure switch and solenoid] that makes your VTEC to operate to the correct pins on the ecu. See the pin locations below using OBD1:

That's another thing, if you are not running OBD1, this will not work. Post up what ECU you are running with what adapter (OBD1 or OBD2).

ej8mike

Its a odb2 not sure what ecu i bought it with a y8 swap less miles i have a p28 for it but would rather not use that cause im pretty sure its not tuned. Its whatever stock ecu is in a y8