WagoVan!!!!

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah,
thats right, I said it. The EK is out soon to a new owner. Hopefully, one that won't jack it all up. Well see. Anyway, I'm on to a new project idea. Baby on the way, so this will be a slow build. I wanted something unique. Something uncommonly worked on. Something so ugly, SOOO ugly, it rolls around the wheel to actually being kinda cool. And so, I found this....

OK, so pictures are not uploading, no option below to upload them. Will do soon.

It's a '87 Civic Wagon. Brown. RT-Awd.

However, before I purchase this wild beast, I need your advice on some things. Are parts avail. for this car. I know that a lot of the EF wags have been done. What about the '87? Are parts interchangeable from other years. What about suspension components? Brakes? Wheel Lug pattern? Will engines swap into this chassis, even if I have to take out the Awd, and just run Fwd? What do you guys know about modding this thing up?

I think that with some work, it could look great, be hella clean, unique, and one HELL of a sleeper!

Let me know. Thanks

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey, does anybody know why I can post a reply with imageshack uploads? In the post reply section , there is nothing in the box for imageshack to click on. Trying to post some pics of the wag. Thanks.

I'm using Safari as my browser. Don't know if that makes a difference.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey, anyone else having problems posting imageshack pics in their post? Are am I just crazy?1

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do photobucket then

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didnt HT do a d16 turbo in one of those?

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey,
Thanks guys for the links and responses. I'm going to try and go test drive the wagon tomorrow. Here are a couple of shots. It needs a lot of work, as you can see, but it should be fun!

It's a RT-AWD model, with a 6-speed manual transmission. Very unusual for what we think of as a Honda. I think it has a lot of potential. Let me know what you think!

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what a 6spd? sick.....i once almost bought a wagovan for $100 bucks....me and my friends were gonna put a 16valve vw motor in it and turbo the f**k out of it.....never happened though

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i kinda want one now

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i kinda want one now
yeah, I saw a picture of this car, and thought "man, that has GOT to be the ugliest think I have ever seen". So, I closed the window, and kept looking at more cars. But then, this car just kept growing on me. It's sooooo ugly, that it's actually kind of cool. I can't explain it. Then, I did some research and found out that some wagovan's even came in a 6 speed. I thought I'd never find one of those.Then, I zoomed in on the shift knob in the interior pic I just posted, and voila!, 6 gears PLUS a Reverse. Check out the pic. Reverse is to the LEFT and up, not to the right and down. Cool!

There are a lot of people building WagoVan's now. Skunk 2's Dr. Charles has built one with a K20 swap! However, almost everyone has built-up the 88-91 chassis Wago's, and not to many peeps are messing with the '85-87 year. Parts ARE available, just not as easy to find as the EF chassis. I have BIG plans for this car. We will see if I can purchase it soon and get started.

for those interested, check out: www.hondacivicwagon.com, it's a cool site.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not really a six speed, I saw one a while back and it has a gear lower than first for crawling speed. I think it was called a super low gear.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah, yeah, your right. Ironically, i just read a post on another site about this. Thanks. Still, cool though. Apparently the "super low gear" has a top speed of 12 mph, but is supposed to have an insane amount of torque (for what it is, of course). Supposedly, these are a lot of fun in the snow!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know a guy with a boosted b16 in one of those.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd love to have one of those, and just slam it with the biggest lipped rims you can buy.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet! Thanks for posting pics. I wish there were more "easy to find" pics of these wags out there. Does anyone have some pics of any 87 wags?