WalkingComplex's EJ1

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Thanks. Found out the problem on my friend's old car. We got it started but started smoking as well. After about 20 seconds of it being on, the timing belt snapped. The alternator is seized as all hell and the friction melted the belt. We towed it back to his house about 8 miles away on the same highway. Jeremy, if you know County A at all, We went from Uncle Buck's gas station to just past Prairie Woods Golf Course. We got the alternator off and they are taking it to the junkyard. This whole week has been hectic since I was driving him around. But, he owns a new car now.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Update for me, not for the car: I got a new job so now starts the fund for getting a new Civic. =) Hope me luck and donations are welcome. lol

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn what a thread lol. Yay for the new job, hope you can get a new civic and start a new build thread soon. good luck :thumbs up

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Where's the job at? and start your craigslist search lol unless you want my car, ill be selling it in a month or so

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any ideas of what kind of civic you want? Or just going to go with whatever good deal you can find?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Holy Hell!!!!!! What's up CC? I've missed ya.

Year and couple months update.

Nothing new added. Just issues and problems. Last winter, two accidents. Was running at for work, doing 30 up a hill made me lose traction. Went off the road and took out a Stop Ahead sign(SS was about half mile away). Rotated(not flipped) around and stopped from snow compression. Friend pulled me out with his Silverado. Small dent/cracking in front bumper from hitting the wood pole(Which I split in two) and my driver corner light mount broke. Still slides in and stays but falls out while driving. Duct taped for now.

Second accident. Not as big. With my tie-rods being bad(Explained later), I had to turn the wheel more right to go right. Pulling into work, needed to make a slight right turn, ending up hitting a van's rear driver tire. No damage on the van, front bumper paint scuff for me. No insurance. No ticket. No cops. She was pissed but didn't overreact and I still make it in to work by shift start.

Lost job. (I suck with jobs) Been unemployed since Valentines this year. Around May, the tie-rod started getting worse. Newer tires wore out fast. Couldn't pay to renew stickers in June. Car sat un-started till about September.

First start, started fine. Except the huge amount of smoke from under the hood and major squeal. Shut it off immediately. Heard a pop/snap. Popped the hood. Alternator belt snapped from melting. Alternator is seized. Sat for a couple weeks to get some side jobs and make a couple hundred. I can get a new belt, alternator, tie-rods, alignment and probably even tires. Only issue, the alternator through-bolt(TB) is stuck. Beat on it, nothing. I have every bolt relating to the alternator removed except the TB and the mount bolt blocked by the TB. My friend, his dad and I have tried everything besides torching the bolt(They're scarred the engine will blow up. Paranoia issues. Hell, they won't get under any car not supported by any two of these: jack, jack stands, cinder blocks.) and cutting the lower mount. I'm clueless on what do do. Other than that, nothing else. Feels weird being back on CC.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So u were jobless and didnt have time to visit us?

Welcome back :cool:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont do anything to a civic abd i post on here everyday...

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Very true. IDK, after I lost my job from surfing CC and Craigslist most of the time, I tried to cut down my time on here. This past year was extremely hectic and I just didn't really think to get on here much.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
It sucks, it really does. Anyways, after I get a job and some money saved up after buying an xbox, I'm looking for a Subaru. I want AWD but my love for civics haven't died.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kinda job u lookin for? This economy blows...

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Anything really. My one friend is a cook and maintenance guy for a restaurant. Him and I just cleaned up leaves for his boss at his house. The guy now knows my situation so I might have a job doing dishes and maintenance at said restaurant. Not a lot of hours but it's better than sitting her with my thumb up my ass(Not really but you get my point).

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Got the alternator out finally. Required grinding down a wrench to fit in that lower bracket. Only issue now is getting that through-bolt out so I can reuse that bracket.