Wanna make your car look fresh....here is a testamonial

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so yeah i am always looking for ways to make s**t look better with out paying alot of money

Ive read alot about the detailing and used alot of products. I have to say that this one is the s**t

it has been said on this site that the best stuff is the meguires tan bottles which include show car glaze and wax when used in combination with each other. I agree that they are both very good but the new product by meguires blows them out of the water.

new stuff on the left old stuff (minus the old wax) on the right

the new stuff is easy to spread,,,,the show car glaze is very thick and tiring if you use hand like i do. And the new stuff is a one step process.

the tan bottles will require you to first glaze the car, then wax it. Takes so much f**king time.

here is what the new stuff does....remember this is original paint from 98 not garaged or anything

before

after

i didnt even do a good job buffing it cause i was in a hurry i just wiped it off

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. how much did the Tech Wax run ya?

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not bad at all. i'll have to get me some of that for when i get my car outta storage.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You washed and polished first, right? Claying isn't a bad idea too.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
You washed and polished first, right? Claying isn't a bad idea too.
washed but no polish....just wax....

with this wax, i feel as though there is no need to polish

i know i know you are the detail queen and everything but i have been polishing then waxing for a while now..in my opinion this wax does both.. i can honestly say that if i polish before waxing that it will not make a difference becuase the new wax definatly has some new polish s**t in it

anfrey always says that polish is what make the car shine and wax protects it

i say that with the new stuff it is equal to a polish and wax

and shame on you for thinking i would wax a car without washing it... Did you see the before shot?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tech wax has NO abrasive whatsoever. It is NOT a polish, and neither is the glaze. Do your research.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, you're supposed to polish the car first. How quickly does washing your car go? Does your paint feel like glass? Particuarly with those new fenders I would have washed (floats away loose surface dirt - you shouldn't scrub), polished (removes surface contaminants), clayed (removes the stuck on stuff that makes your car feel rough), glazed (adds depth to paint), then waxed (protects).

The Meguiar's Tech Wax is a synthetic wax. It's a nice wax for sure, but it doesn't contain any polishing agents in it. It's not a two in one wax. Two in one waxes don't work that well imho anyway. ;)

Besides that your car would feel smoother and come out looking better (okay, so I'm anal), your products will go on and be removed much more easily that without. Polishing also adds back oils to your paint.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
even if it's a cleaner wax, trust me... if you think this is good, DO apply some polish and notice the difference. you will get a shine like this:

but congratulations on jumping on the meguiar's mirror glaze line, it is all i use (except for the meg's claybar, which imho really sucks...it's too tough and rigid)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mother's clay bar for teh win though. :thumbs up They're my favorite so far. I'll have to clay Jason's hatchie and my coupe when it gets to be spring. Can't wait.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah ... using clay in cold weather = teh b00

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Mother's clay bar for teh win though. :thumbs up They're my favorite so far. I'll have to clay Jason's hatchie and my coupe when it gets to be spring. Can't wait.
aye, i really like their claybar.. it's so nice and soft... the claymagic bar isn't bad either, but mother's is more to my liking.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i am going to ignore your eran negative comments and keep it civil

maybe you didnt get me.

1. i did not wash car
2. I washed fenders
3. I have washed , claybared , polished, and waxed my car before and am familiar with glass feel and mirror shine
4. I used the tan bottles (washed, glazed, waxed) on the new right fender
5. I only washed and waxed with the new wax the left new fender
6. I posted pictures of the bottles and what i did.

edit reading back the thing i am making a mistake on is saying that the glaze is polish..

I understand you are supposed to polish first.. What i am saying is the new wax is excellent and looks better than the one with the tan bottles.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ahh..so in your opinion, this nxt wax is better than #26 hi-tech yellow wax? i've always been curious about it, but never wanted to shell out any money for it since i wouldn't want to risk it being inferior to my tried and true #26.. please let me know what you think

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
ahh..so in your opinion, this nxt wax is better than #26 hi-tech yellow wax? i've always been curious about it, but never wanted to shell out any money for it since i wouldn't want to risk it being inferior to my tried and true #26.. please let me know what you think
yes i do believe it is better... only because

i have to use the glaze with the hi tech wax in order to get a similar yet still less effect
and the new wax is much easier to spread meaning less work

thanks for keeping it civil..

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, the NXT wax is good in colder weather, because it's synthetic, lasts longer, and is easier to work with. In more aclimate weather, #26 does a far-better job IMHO. As for the glaze being thick and hard to work with, you either got a bad batch, or you aren't taking care of your car propperly. Glaze is always one of the LEAST time consuming parts of my details. If it's that hard to work with, you need a clay and polish BADLY. The oily residue is normal, and as long as you do a twice-over and then wax over it, that oil sheen is actually BENEFICIAL.

Also, I notice you are using a swirling/circular motion when detailing. That is not necessary, and, generally speaking, harmful. You should use linear movement. If a piece of debris gets caught under the pad, and you use a linear motion, you have a line scratch that can only be seen from a 90 degree angle. If you swirl, then you have a 360 degree scratch. You decide what you want though :roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
I still use the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax most of the year. When the weather is too cool though, when the #26 starts getting difficult to remove, then I switch over to the synthetic NXT Tech Wax. I'm sure you know what I mean when I say it's, "too cold to wax." I don't mean anything about comfort usually. I mean the product is difficult to work with and I'll tire out.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
edit reading back the thing i am making a mistake on is saying that the glaze is polish..
yes...i am changing what i said.

what i said was that the new wax seems to be better then polish and and wax

what i meant to say was it seems to be better then the glaze and wax

im not ignorant
im not stupid
i dont make dumbest posts ever

i do make mistakes just like you.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i use tech wax, its the s**t :thumbs up

:edit: damn boys simmer dan na :shock:

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Also, I notice you are using a swirling/circular motion when detailing. That is not necessary, and, generally speaking, harmful. You should use linear movement. If a piece of debris gets caught under the pad, and you use a linear motion, you have a line scratch that can only be seen from a 90 degree angle. If you swirl, then you have a 360 degree scratch. You decide what you want though :roll:
what you are saying sounds good but i have to disagree.

the aplication of the substance should not be harshly put on meaning you should not be pressing extremly hard.
using a circular motion to apply the substance allows you to have a even applied surface..

It is when you are removing the wax that you should use a linear motion. This is because you are pressing hardest during the removal..

while applying the substance you shouldnt be applying enough pressure to really do alot of damage. It is the removal that will do the damage and will cause swirls.

as you can see i applied the product in swirls in the picture

so i guess what your saying doesnt sound good