Wanna make your car look fresh....here is a testamonial

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I'd recommend the Meguiar's marine wax right off the top of my head. It's for fiberglass/gelcoat boats. =)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used meguire's 3 step process..
pain cleaner..
polish..
wax...

i've seen the nxt stuff..but the step thing looked better to me :what:
i also learned about the linear thing from Eran...frankly the circular joint sucks ass..and i'm much happier with the linear :lol:
and i would def. go with what Eran and Amy have to say on the subject :thumbs up

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
wow, i learned quite a bit from this thread.
Me too... Eran is always right and hes the biggest nerd I ever seen. :stick:

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MajEK said:
Me too... Eran is always right and hes the biggest nerd I ever seen. :stick:
I am always right, aren't I? :lol: ;)

And I'm a detailing GEEK, thank you.

ryanM

sorry to jump in and interrupt the arguement, but what im wondering is. what is the best polish to use? Ive gathered what other products to use, but cant figure out what polish you are all using. this is what i have so far
megs HI-Tech wash
mothers clay bar
megs show car glaze
megs #26 hi tech yellow wax
but what polish? and and im not using a buffer.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Hand Polish (M-8132)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
read the first 10 posts....then decided it wasnt worth reading...but seems like waxing and washing is a big deal around these parts.....

ive never waxed my car, ive never polished my car, ive never "clay bar'd" my car....hell, i cant even remember the last time i took my car to the car wash....

kinda goes with the "why polish a terd" philosophy :what: if the car had fresh paint, and less body damage, then it would be a different story

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
read the first 10 posts....then decided it wasnt worth reading...but seems like waxing and washing is a big deal around these parts.....

ive never waxed my car, ive never polished my car, ive never "clay bar'd" my car....hell, i cant even remember the last time i took my car to the car wash....

kinda goes with the "why polish a terd" philosophy :what: if the car had fresh paint, and less body damage, then it would be a different story
A lot of the people who are talking about detailing their cars also have something worth detailing. Your's needs body repairs and new paint before it's anywhere close to worth the effort. We don't all have turds.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, that also kinda goes with the "its what's on the INSIDE that counts" philosophy ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
haha, that also kinda goes with the "its what's on the INSIDE that counts" philosophy ;)
I guess I just like having it all then. Outside and inside. ;)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I guess I just like having it all then. Outside and inside. ;)
you and/or jason got plans for a swap?? :twisted: ive always thought his car looked great, just needed a lil' oomph to back it up ;)

ikillradio

nofx is always SO negative :( but its true what he says so i guessi cant complain.

wash clay, glaze, tech wax, that is my combo and it holds up well to the salt weather living on the beach

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
nofx is always SO negative :( but its true what he says so i guessi cant complain.

wash clay, glaze, tech wax, that is my combo and it holds up well to the salt weather living on the beach
I'm a girl.... and I'm not always negative by far. I try to help. Sometimes some people might see that as negative I guess. :???: Look in other detailing threads. I did an entire write up for a guy the other day. Is that negative?

ikillradio

NOFX said:
I'm a girl.... and I'm not always negative by far. I try to help. Sometimes some people might see that as negative I guess. :???: Look in other detailing threads. I did an entire write up for a guy the other day. Is that negative?
i was hammered and i apologize i meant that ERAN was so negative he hates me! but its okay cuz his advice is top noche sorry for the confusion, since in college i have been out of the scene my lease prevents car washing so i have to do it at my parents house :( I followed your write up to the T and i am more than happy with the results, thank you so much. Esp in this salt filled weather your tips are money thank you again

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wax

you guys ever heard of maquires GOLD CLASS SERIES WAX? i heard and read that stuff is the BOMB!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Za0G13 said:
you guys ever heard of maquires GOLD CLASS SERIES WAX? i heard and read that stuff is the BOMB!
Actually, we recommend the Mirror Glaze line, Meguiar's step up from the Gold Class (which is also Meguiar's). The Mirror Glaze line comes in tan bottles.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good. that stuff is the best i dont care what anyone says. only wax i like better is zaino but its to expensive.