Wanna see a cool little sleeper?

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahah blackhope i see you still got to get stuff to prop up the hood, i remember the foglight yellowing diy a while back, you had a crutch for a hood prop, good stuff man! haha but i remember seeing a feature in honda tuning with basically the same idea as going sleeper, i think that you have got it man, if it was midnight with no street lights you may fool me, but for some of the newbs on the scene, they wouldnt know the difference. or some of the domestic guys but not all of em.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First thing I saw was the exhaust manifold cover and all that. Have to find a better way to hide it if you go that route.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats really only going to fool people who don't know what a turbo looks like anyway. They wouldn't even know if you were boosted or not even with no cover. It's a cool idea, but it's not going to fool anyone who has some shred of knowledge about cars.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clever. i like it. hell it would probably fool me at first glance..at first glance that is

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't think that's his car, unless he got a 5th gen and slapped a turbo on it. looks to be CT plates too.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice try there. Looks pretty good though. I actually remember reading an article in something like Sport Compact Car where a guy had a 95 or so ex and put on a small mitsu turbo and was putting down somewhere around 200 w/ uberdata. He used the stock air piping like your doing but used an exhaust shield off of a mazda that completely covered the manifold and turbo. You really couldnt see much of anything that would suggest a turbo on the car. The other notable thing that he did was a electric cutout w/ a switch inside that made it insanely loud and also helped put down 20 or so more hp. I'm betting you like that idea, right?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol guys thats not my car.. Its a 5th gen hatchback..

i just showed cause it looks like a cool idea

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol only people u will fool are the type of people that asked me if i was running a turbo or supercharger when i was at the track :lol:
welll?! which was it - turbo? or supercharger?

:P :lol:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welll?! which was it - turbo? or supercharger?

:P :lol:
back in the day of gran turismo 3 and 2 i used to buy the N/A kit and the turbo kit. I didnt know that its one or the other
:shock:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lies gran turismo 1 was only one or the other never both at the same time.

GREENLANTERN

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i think the best sleeper kit i saw was some guy who used a HF manifold w/ the turbo tucked away pretty nice. and ran the charge pipes through his stock intake box and tubing.

If my memory serves me i also think that same guy went even further and had HX rims (i think ) w/ wheel covers somehow stuck on them to look like hes just running regulare steelies.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah i think the best sleeper kit i saw was some guy who used a HF manifold w/ the turbo tucked away pretty nice. and ran the charge pipes through his stock intake box and tubing.

If my memory serves me i also think that same guy went even further and had HX rims (i think ) w/ wheel covers somehow stuck on them to look like hes just running regulare steelies.
Those were two different people.."King-of-the-Hill" is the guy (one of them) that has the charge piping in the intake box with the tucked turbo. But minus his front mount and mugens you would never know his car was modified.. the second guy with the hx's and wheel covers drives a red ef hatch with a n/a B series under the hood i think..

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ps you are still auto right? wowo lots of people thought that this was your car.....that is sick how you did a 5th gen conversion never seen that before.