want a sub

afoss

5+ Year Member
im looking to buy a sub. I want a jl 8w7 but having a hard time finding a used one.
any suggestions? i also got an old phonix gold qx350/2 amp ima use cause im ona tight buget. its 350 watts bridged 4 ohms

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ssa dcon would be perfect

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 10" sony xplod sub 500 watt rms if your interested. not sure of the other specs tho. i used to run it on my soundstream 320 watt rams 4 ohm amp and it sounded great

let me know if your interested

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, but a sony xplod sub is all you need if you only putting out 350 watts rms at 4 ohms. plus OP said he is on a tight budget so just throwin it out there

CDubs

Registered VIP
i have a kicker sub with box, 12 inch, and amp with a brand new in box spare sub (i was going to use it as a spare if needed) with it if your interested amp is pushing 300 watts if your interested

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree, but a sony xplod sub is all you need if you only putting out 350 watts rms at 4 ohms. plus OP said he is on a tight budget so just throwin it out there
which sony xplod sub?

i know the one with the black cone actually sounds pretty decent in the right box

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
which sony xplod sub?

i know the one with the black cone actually sounds pretty decent in the right box
im not really sure ive had it for quite awhile. its got a red cone though

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend has a sony sub and it hits pretty good but it has a black cone. I use a memphious 12 myself
Do yu have a price in mind or brand. I realize ur on a budget.

afoss

5+ Year Member
under $200 idc if its used and im not really looking for loud bass i want nice smooth responsive bass.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
under $200 idc if its used and im not really looking for loud bass i want nice smooth responsive bass.
the box it goes in is gonna determine that more than the sub itself does

the best 300 w budget sub is the ssa dcon

It's the only sub i know that'll take double it's rated power and still want more.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/dcon.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/12"-SSA-DCON-12D4{47}S4.html

get the single 4 ohm

Like i said before, the box will determine how it ends up sounding

If you do purchase it, let me know and i'll guide you to the right spot to get the box

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no you can't port that box

ported box would be alot bigger than that...you'd have to get one made.

your current amp will work.

afoss

5+ Year Member
im runin 6.5" alpine in the front and 5.25" mb quarts in the rear. I have two amps. a phonix gold qx350.2 and phonix gold qx 300.4. Should i run both amps or just one for my jl 13w6v2.

CDubs

Registered VIP
my amp is 300 and the box is ported in the SUV and i think it sounds good hits hard too given it is a kicker but still

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so, you bought the 13w6 on craigslist? nice. now get that in a ported box lol

i can't find specs of either of those phoenix gold amps.