Want to lower my car dont know what to buy

96civicboyx

looking to lower my car just dont know what is good and what is bad

I have a 1996 honda civic dx

Price range is around 300$

Dont want to get anything cheap and that will break !

Somebody please give me some infromation and help me out !

Trekk

Registered VIP
$300 is going to be bad.

DTvn

You should wait if that's all you have to spend

You can get springs on stock shocks but you'll need to replace the shocks sometime later down the line. Also factor in the cost of alignment and you'll only have enough for springs+ alignment

Trekk

Registered VIP
S techs are about as low as you can go on the stock shocks w/o blowing them or needing an alignment. But on the 96+ cars they don't really make the car look lowered you'll still have like a 2 finger gap.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should wait if that's all you have to spend

You can get springs on stock shocks but you'll need to replace the shocks sometime later down the line. Also factor in the cost of alignment and you'll only have enough for springs+ alignment
Even if your stock shocks are good, they wont last long with lowering springs. The smartest decision is to save another $200-$300 and get quality shocks as well & do it all. DO it right & once or itll all cost you more in the long run.

S techs are about as low as you can go on the stock shocks w/o blowing them or needing an alignment. But on the 96+ cars they don't really make the car look lowered you'll still have like a 2 finger gap.
I disagree. This is my Civic on Tein S-tech springs & Koni Str.t struts with 195-50-15 tires. Its not a slammed appearance, but ithe drop is clear.

JdmStatus

5+ Year Member
Buy some ground Control sleeves, use them on your oem shocks, save up a bit more and then buy koni yellows. Or buy them all together but ground control sleeves are fairly cheap and are a great quality product to lower your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Buy some ground Control sleeves, use them on your oem shocks, save up a bit more and then buy koni yellows.
This actually won't work. Ground Control uses a different diameter threaded sleeve to mount on Koni Yellows than it does to mount on all the the other shocks. So if you bought a set and put them on your stock shocks, you have to buy the sleeves to fit the Koni's. It worth it to just save your money, and buy both the Koni's and GCs at once.

Its a great setup for the money, And I absolutely love my setup.

Novtecgoesbwahh

If you have an extra 70 bucks, get the racelands.
I drove them on my teggy, getting them on my ej pretty soon.

racelandus.com(Sorry, I'm not sure if I can post links on these forums, still pretty new...)
They ride nice, not too bumpy, and they will slam you down, full coilover setup.

Will also want to invest in aftermarket lower control arms as well..

Couldn't go lower because I was on meshes with 195/55's lol, too much rubber.