Wanting A 5th Gen. Hatch

TurnAroundBlind

5+ Year Member
hey guys new to the Forum and ive been looking for a 5th gen. hatch and ive heard alot about different motors and im wanting to kno what a good price is on one of these cars and what i might need to be looking for motor wise and i plan on it being a project car so thanks for any advice.....

And as of now i drive a 00' Celica gts automatic which disappoints me alot so im lookin for one of these to have some fun with

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol true...he's just looking for somewhere to start..
so i guess what longgrain is saying just check around craigslist or locally. Dont go after everyone out there. check bluebook values but thats just a approx retail value not like written law. it also depends wehre u live and junk and condition. be prepared to wait for a good deal and you'll be fine

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
KBB is no where close to street value. While a 5th gen hatches blue book value can be 3,000 tops, street value for a heavily modified clean hatch can be anywhere from $5k-$10k, depending on the level of build and area. Anything less than $5k and your buying unfinished projects or projects built with cheap parts. Rust is always an issue with 5th gens (esp. in the rear wheel wells) so always be mindful. If you're looking to by something close to stock (hard nowadays), spending more than $4000 for an immaculate Si for example is ludicrous. Finding one for less than $3000 is not impossible, just close to it. Also keep in mind you have to hunt for what trim you want first and foremost. Buying a CX to try and convert to all power options, disc brakes, and bigger engine, can be more expensive than buying an Si from the get go.

imracin101

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my cx for about 1200 if you take your time you might find a good deal

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, i bought a completely stock CX with 88K miles for 4500, i got screwed, but i was in a hurry to get a good car with good fuel efficiency, and just bought the first clean hatch i saw at a dealership. i loved the mileage, but hate the HP. so look around and don't make the mistake i did. than i tried to justify my purchase by saying it's a good DD and since it's slow i won't try to waste my money with add-ons. I have a 300+ HP 66 mustang, but i don't get to try that everyday. i wish my car was faster