Wanting more backfire

LowLife_Em2

Hey I was just wondering what's the best way to get my car to backfire more? Like when I let off the throttle or downshifting.

my93civic

You need to add more fuel and have it run like s**t. Whenever I hear a car backfiring like that I think to myself "he needs a good tune" but if that's what you're after then maybe if you swap the firing order around that might work.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Build your motor and add get a tune. That back fire is unburnt fuel. if you built it you need more gas/ bigger injectors. So you have a chance of this happening but do it right. Don't just add fuel and ruin your motor just to hear a little bang.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Once I boosted my car would backfire occasionally.. had it dyno and street tuned. I miss boost lol

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Then you have a flamethrower

Its not uncommon for turbo cars to backfire after revving them up. Adding extra fuel before boost comes on (like from -5in to 0in) makes sure the fuel is there before you pump a ton of air into the cylinder. At idle if you rev and hit 0in or even 1psi and suddenly let off the fuel is just going to go out the exhaust.

As for why someone just wants this to happen constantly is beyond me.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then you have a flamethrower

Its not uncommon for turbo cars to backfire after revving them up. Adding extra fuel before boost comes on (like from -5in to 0in) makes sure the fuel is there before you pump a ton of air into the cylinder. At idle if you rev and hit 0in or even 1psi and suddenly let off the fuel is just going to go out the exhaust.
:lol:

And make sense. There's a Evo near me here that's stupid fast. Before he gave the car to his girlfriend, it was running mid 8's. Hearing that thing rev was incredible, and it actually was a flamethrower lol.

His new evo ran 8.094 last week. World record Evo now...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My H22 has a mean backfire after 8200RPM lol

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
:lol:

And make sense. There's a Evo near me here that's stupid fast. Before he gave the car to his girlfriend, it was running mid 8's. Hearing that thing rev was incredible, and it actually was a flamethrower lol.

His new evo ran 8.094 last week. World record Evo now...
Is it a silver/purpleish color with flat black doors? 8.014 @184 or something like that?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is it a silver/purpleish color with flat black doors? 8.014 @184 or something like that?
Pretty much. White with a purple motor, flat black doors.

Not to thread jack, but...

With a motor so clean you could eat off it...

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
The pic I saw on Facebook was probably really saturated, probably why I thought it was a silver color. It's the fastest CT9A now right?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'd be correct. I saw it in person earlier this year, though it was sitting in the corner of their shop.