Wanting to Swap my EK3

PaciDrifter

Respected
So as the title suggested, i want to swap my EK3 :P

My EK3 is from year 2000, and it has the stock D15z6 with about 235k km on it. I knooow, not much, but i want more power so that's why i'm going for the swap. The engine i have been looking at is the typical B16a2 swap from an EK4.

Now i got this offer to buy a WHOLE EK4 front end for a reasonable price, and i just wanted to know if that would be all i needed.
I was researching on some forums, and some people said i should keep the harness from my car, but the question is if that is possible. Now again, i have the WHOLE EK4 front end with everything intact.

Any swap experts that can guide me in the right direction?

Cheers =)

710times

i wish i had that for my 2000 ex coupe. if you have the front end which includes the drivetrain/axles transmission then you have everything you need except for the ECU. @boofoo correct me if im wrong which i probably am wrong. oh yes and the b series shift linkage if it doesnt come with it. ive did a 95 gsr swap in a ef hatch but have never did an ek swap but ive heard its easy as ever compared to the EF

710times

if you dont mind me asking but what are you gonna pay for the front end/clip that would be even better if it comes with the whole 2000 front end. if i had the chance to buy that i would get it. everything you need is there. like 95% if the ecu is there then im sure itll be complete. but thats why i included @boofoo

PaciDrifter

Respected
if you dont mind me asking but what are you gonna pay for the front end/clip that would be even better if it comes with the whole 2000 front end. if i had the chance to buy that i would get it. everything you need is there. like 95% if the ecu is there then im sure itll be complete. but thats why i included @boofoo
Oh okay, but what if i have the ECU already? like a have half of the car :D the car got rear ended, so he's selling me the rest of the car so i can swap my car? =) Cheers mate, thanks for replying!

710times

well it looks like your all set. you got LUCKY. just take everything from that car including the engine harness and drop it right into yours. everything will hook right up. then plug in the ecu and your all set. looks like fun. i wish i could find a car like that. i need some interior pieces.

PaciDrifter

Respected
well it looks like your all set. you got LUCKY. just take everything from that car including the engine harness and drop it right into yours. everything will hook right up. then plug in the ecu and your all set. looks like fun. i wish i could find a car like that. i need some interior pieces.
Lol Really! Well that's nice =) The way you are saying it, sounds like fun and a very easy job for a guy like me with not much knowledge :D Thanks mate!

I'm paying around 2000$ for the whole front end here in Denmark.. but considering i paid 4500$ for my EK3 here, it's not bad =) I'll send some pics if i decide to pick it up! Not quite sure how the interior is, but we'll see =)

710times

Nice, I'll be looking forward to all the pictures you post. That front end is something good to have around also. Especially if you get a 96-98 civic. You can just use the rest of the interior and dash and harnesses to make another 2000

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

PaciDrifter

Respected
Ha
Nice, I'll be looking forward to all the pictures you post. That front end is something good to have around also. Especially if you get a 96-98 civic. You can just use the rest of the interior and dash and harnesses to make another 2000

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Haha yea thanks man, appreciate it. Just had a call with the man and seems like he needs to get rid of it soon as he is a dealer and does those things for a living. Will talk with my dad today and see what he thinks of it as I will need to lend some money if I want it =)