Was going to get a Dc2. Picking up a 93 Del Sol Si on Tuesday. 2300 a steal?

Dnguyen92

Check out these photos. This is from the CL post, I took more I just needa upload them after I get off work.
So there's a d15b in it because the old motor blew. Uhm.. Everything is pretty much stock besides the stereo. Like my eg, this damn del sol has 1 small hole cut into each of the door panels and I know del sols don't have little tweeters so does anyone know if I can fill it with a tweeter? It's only about 1-1.5 inches wide. Drives fine, no over heating from what I see.. Drove it hard also, the throttle response is kinda slow but maybe that is how it is with all of these. I haven't had a del sol in over 2 years so I forgot. The guy is sellin for 2300 and that's pretty much in my price range after selling my eg. Any opinions or suggestions or tips.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Should have went with the dc2. I personally think del sols are ugly wastes of money.

Your money though. Price looks too high to me, but I don't know much about them to be honest.

Dnguyen92

Should have went with the dc2. I personally think del sols are ugly wastes of money.

Your money though. Price looks too high to me, but I don't know much about them to be honest.
LOL... arrow through the heart man. But yeah del sols in california go for a pretty hefty price around here. If i got the dc2 i would've been paying more than it was actually worth tho. I've been looking for a car for a couple weeks now and i've been checking them out here and there.. the sol drives well but I dont want to hop on the first few cars I look at you know? And I also can't be like... car-less for too long, i'm reluctantly borrowing my dads car so that means i'm taking a car away from my mom so she has to find a ride home from work every now and then i can't be letting that happen you know?

Dnguyen92

i wouldnt trust the throttle response being slow sounds like timing isnt quite right
yeah.. that's what i was thinking. But maybe it was in my head? Idk, I had a z6 and I know the D15b's pack a little bit more power than those but it seemed like there wasn't really a hard pull when I was flooring it.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
price sounds fair, not a steal. what's the mileage, that is the biggest factor

Dnguyen92

price sounds fair, not a steal. what's the mileage, that is the biggest factor
the chassis has about 130k but the guy is a mechanic and he said he built a d15b into it which has about 2k on it? + a new transmission but how am I supposed to know if he's a freaking mechanic which means the nigga got no papers for his work. lol

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say of he can prove engine and tranny are basically new then yeah that's not a bad deal at all. I know what u mean, Hondas out here seem to be more expensive then most other places. If u want it go for it

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$2,300 seems average from what I notice they go for. I picked up a milano 95 del a couple months ago for a winter car. Only paid $950. First del I ever owned. Once spring comes around, I'm selling it and getting one with a cleaner body and samba green.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sols arent as common as they used to be, you figure there were like 86k made...I sold mine with almost 230k on it with a decent amount of rust and converted completely back to stock for 3 grand...so I have to say it looks good for 2300.
and @ allstockhatch, good luck finding a samba, they were one of the rarest colors.

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah.. that's what i was thinking. But maybe it was in my head? Idk, I had a z6 and I know the D15b's pack a little bit more power than those but it seemed like there wasn't really a hard pull when I was flooring it.
Could have something to do with it having like 115 whp.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like a fair deal. I see Sols here go for 3-3.5 all the time.