water coming out of exhaust pipe

tunerGONEbomber

i mean best case scenario its just condensation that is building up in the exhaust, which means is not a big deal, naturally happens. blown head gasket means ya need a new one or your going to cause big damage. i think if you run either the a/c or heat, not sure which one, it can ruin your chances of salvaging whats left. i would check in with others that post on here. thats just my basic knowledge so if im off by others accords, believe them not me lol

tunerGONEbomber

honestly i know one of them is the dooms day for it, if it is a head gasket. just wait and see what others have to say. thats just my 2 cents. im just saying dont turn either on and dont drive it unless you really have to until you know whats up for sure.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The gasket that goes between the block and the head.

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
is it impossible for me to do it myself? is it hard to do? i want it done right but i dont wanna spend the money, how much would u estimate its going to cost lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe the shop rate manual quotes it at a 7 hour job. The rate depends on the shop. Guessing that a lot of shops are around $100/hour now you are looking $700 for JUST labor.

That is a guess though. You would have to call a shop and get a quote from them. The $100 shop rate is just a ballpark though as I don't know what shops around you run. I can tell you that our shop is $150 an hour, but it is an Audi/Porsche dealer so the rates are considerably higher.

You should replace the timing belt, all your other belts, and the water pump while you are at it. Might as well if you are digging into it that far. Don't want to go through all that work just to have other stuff fail after you put it all back together and then have to do it all over again.

If the shop manual is quoting a certified mechanic 7 hours, I would guess that it is going to take double (minimum) for an inexperienced mechanic to do it. It's a pretty big job to tackle.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i doubt your headgasket is blown. you would experience a loss of power as well as a bluish smoke coming from the exhaust that smells like coolant. the water you're seeing is probably just condensation

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if it has white smoke as well, then it is ur head gasket. needs to be replaced, get OEM part from honda, will cost 400-1100$. hopefully thats not it. is it always that water drips out?

lil95ex

its not the head gasket you would know i blew mine once and it wouldnt get over ten mph with out wanting to bog down. its most likely just condensation. But if for whatever reason it happens to be the head gasket (which i doubt cause the whole area would be filled with smoke upon starting the car) i got one priced for me at autozone the price was $57 for oem. Thats just giving you a price and idea.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ Well if he didnt completely blow it then it makes perfect sense. I drove my car for about 2 weeks with a messed up head gasket cuz I had to wait for my next paycheck and I work for a pharmacy delivering medicine. I was able to get on the freeway and up to speed, slower than usual but I could do it. Wouldn't reccomend it unless u definitely had to though

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
it is NOT a blown head gasket when water is coming out of your tail pipe. the tell tale sign is your head gasket is blown is if you have grey smoke (burning oil) or a blue-ish color smoke (burning coolant). the water coming out of the tailpipe is 100% normal. it happens when the engine is cold and goes away once the engine warms up.

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
OMG your car is going to explode!...Just kidding

Water out the tailpipe is normal.

If it were a blown headgasket, so bad that is was dripping out of the tailpipe (which would be coolant not just water). You would be having a whole lot of other problems too!

KiDxTrUe

5+ Year Member
what if i have water instead of coolant? like i didnt fill it with coolant i put water