Water in my headlights and key wont turn (driver door)

he_sai_

So I have a honda civic 04 coupe and there's water/condensation inside one of the headlights (left one to be precise). It all happened when I went to get my car washed. So the light is slightly less brighter than the other one at night.

Also, when I try to turn the key to open the driver side door the key won't turn at all making me unlock the door from the passenger seat and then walking back to the driver side. How can I fix these?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The headlight leak is most likely just an issue with the lens seal, but if you've waited so long to address it that its affected the inside & bulb then either you'll need to bake open the light, clean it thoroughly, then reseal it or you'll need a new headlight.

As for the key issue, its possibly a damaged key cylinder. Buy a used one then have a locksmith match it to your key. It could also just need some lubricant spray.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have the headlight bulbs been replaced lately ?? there is a round plastic seal in the back of the headlight housing that needs to be screwed shut otherwise it will leak. its a real pain in the ass to get your hand back there to get it to seal properly. as for the door, spray some white lithium grease into the key hole and turn the key back and forth repeatedly.

Restotech

Respected
The door lock cylinder will most likely need to be rebuilt. Either a locksmith or dealership. If I remember correctly I believe there was a service bulletin for this problem.