Water Leaking Into Vehicle

project_civic

Ok it rained the other day and I got into the car...Driver side was fine but then passenger side front and back, the floor was damp and it seemed like water got through somehow? Roof was dry as a desert. Idk what it could be, if it came through the sunroof the whole center console would be wet right? its weird because it only is wet and damp on the floor of passenger side...anybody have a solution to this problem?...

project_civic

I would say its more in the front. If it came through the doors the whole side would be wet right? Someone said it could be the sunroof but that was also dry...I'm really thinking it might be the heater core...where is that located and how can water be leaking from there?

HonDaReal

Your heater core is behind your glove box. Reason why u may not see a source. I hear its a pain to replace but google it.

project_civic

ok thanks..will look into it. but will it happen only when it rains? the car doesn't smell but when i turn on like fan or air or something it smells like mold...

hondahappiness

5+ Year Member
if it does it only when it rains, it could be the drain tube for the sunroof. coming off the sunroof frame on each corner under the headliner is a clear drain tube. the run down the pillars and to the outside of the car. it may have come off, have a hole in it, or at worse it could be draining into the car. if you dont smell antifreeze or your winshield isnt fogging with defrost, then its not the hot water heater. good luck.

99civicchic

my car does the exact same thing. passenger side front and back. only on rainy days the only difference is theres no sunroof. its been like that for about a year and a half now.

project_civic

im thinking it would be the windowshield or some s**t. idk i hate it though,, not working on anything until i get that issue fixed

HonDaReal

Well when its raining do u use ur heater? Lol only other things i can think of is look under the carpet for hole in ur undercarage

Zedicous

Heater core, unless you're running straight h20, you shoould notice a funny smell..
The air vent also like to leak in the back but since it's up front i'd go with core.