Wats the difference between Ebay radiator and brand name one?

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
I just realized today that my radiator had a hair line crack on the top part. I realized this when my car didnt start today. I already took it to my friends shop to find out the problem. Im not too sure if this radiator issue has anything to do with the car not starting, but i was thinking that since im swaping the engine next year to a B18C1 i might as well get a racing one.

Now my question is this. What is the main difference between an abay radiator compared to a brand name one? also should i be looking for a half one or longer one and get rid of the AC?

Thnks

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the half core and get a brand name......if your motor doesn't stay cool then you don't have a motor anymore. that would be more expensive than spending another 100 bones to get a quality name. my .02

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Obviously a generic radiator is made cheaper. Your b18c1would be good with a half core stock radiator but if you think you need a racing radiator then buy one.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now my question is this. What is the main difference between an abay radiator compared to a brand name one?
quality. that is the main diffrence.and the most important one too.

95c1v1c

5+ Year Member
I bought mine from rockauto.com and haven't had a problem with it. Mine is a dual core radiator that is aluminum. PROLIANCE Part # 439505

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
basically ebay is for cheap s**t, sure you can get some good things out of it, but mainly it's to save some cash rather than paying retail for something. basically you get what you pay for. it's always cheaper to spend a little more in the beginning, than risking your new motor blowing and ending up spending hella more in the end.

s2l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quality? what about it? details? im using a ebay radiator and ive beat on it for two yrs. never had a problem with cracking, or anything remotely troubling. i think you brand name people need to explain your postion more clearly before just citing "quality" as your reason. ive compared welds between a koyo and the one im using and the koyo welds are marginal better. the only difference is the ebay welds are smaller as opposed to the koyo's fatter welds. but as any welder will tell you, the size of the weld doesnt always dictate how good it is. other than physical design differences in the fins, or core size, the ebay stuff is fine for DD use.

psychotic_civic

my friend got an all aluminum radiator off ebay dirt cheap from just intercoolers....he had it for over two years and has never had any problems with it...when i got one off ebay for my RX7 it was dirt cheap and lasted three years and then i sold the car....Seriously a radiator is just a core with welded aluminum tanks. if the welds are good then the radiator is good. Some companies on Ebay sell quality s**t and the reason their stuff is so cheap is that they only sell on ebay so they dont have to advertise and hire tons of people to promote the products and sell to shops and stuff so they save TONS of money and this allows them to sell to you at a cheaper price

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I bought a no-name racing radiator off of Ebay.

Looks & works great. Keeps my engine slightly cooler than usual.. I'll post pics of it later. I jus tchanged it out last June.

Im sure Koyo radoators work great. Mine looks just like a koyo but without the fancey name imprinted on it. I dont care. It does the job

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i got cx racing half size which is an ebay brand

heard no problems from them we will see

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought a single core ebay radiator for my civic. Its been in there for 3 years now. No problems at all.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got cx racing half size which is an ebay brand

heard no problems from them we will see
I also had a ebay brand one for a while. Never had a problem with it once until I smashed my block into it :lol:

Should have removed it first.