Wats your thoughts??

Macky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yo im gonna lower my car wit springs...its a 98 civic hx....How low do u think i should go?? I dont have a bodykit yet but ill be getting on soon..So how low u think i should go..Wats my max and min??

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can drop it 2.5inch with no prob...

depends on how low YOU want to go..

do you want to be dumped... raked suspension... respectable drop just to get rid of the 4x4 look....

Macky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so like 1.75 - 2.0 i should be good?? and do u thik 1.5 is to high still??

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.5 = that respectable drop to get rid of the 4x4
2.0 = gettin low

anything = dumped

Macky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ight and if i got soem tein shocks or neuspeed...would those work..liek sya i bougth just the shocks from ebay thats all iw ould need to lower it rite??..sry lil n00b here

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, u got it...

you'd also need a spring compressor to take you stock shocks out of your stock springs

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take it from someone who knows, 1.5" drop is plenty if you're planning on getting a body kit. Unless you're thinking lip kit, then 2"+ is sufficient. But seriously, daily driving a slammed ass car with a body kit = no fun (speed bumps and steep driveways will be the enemy) :P

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had 2" (maybe more, i have no idea) with my CF mugen front lip... still ripped off on the free way :(

Macky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SeanJohn1802
yep, u got it...

you'd also need a spring compressor to take you stock shocks out of your stock springs
if i go to a plcae i dont need that rite?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you go to a place why would you need anything but money?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i know all about the slammed ride, mine is now. i can't lower any more without rubbing on the tires, thus leaving my body kit in the garage lol. sucks watchin out for everyhing everytime you drive, but looks tight nonetheless

CivicWI97

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, speed bumps are a huge problem. You never know if you'll hit your exhaust on them. You basically have to come to a complete stop before creeping over it. And hope for no scraping.

Driveways and turning into places also sucks. To fast and you hit the ground with your front end, and then exiting you'll smash the exhaust. It's ridiculous, my Civic is lowered probably 1.5 - 1.75 front and rear and it gets annoying. Leaving parking lots, you get those front tires over the downslope, then creep along, praying for no scraping, then the rear tires go over the edge - now you hope your front end doesn't smash into the road.

Please don't go too low.

Vicster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H&R sports have a nice drop especially when the car is kited

ExRiceBoy

back and at 'em
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ buddy of mine has H&R sports and he's got octane kit and it's JUST low enough to give rid of the gap, but he can still daily drive it. Don't slam it if it's going to be your daily driver. Too much hassle imho.

Dark

NOR*CAL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also have H&R's sport, not only does it look good and ride better, its not pricy at all, i got em for about 150 at SMA