wazup_74's Del Sol

floralvikings

Loving the visors man. The new mirror looks pretty sweet too, nice and discrete. Hope the pedal set goes in as planned!

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well the pedals gave me some trouble the other night. I got frustrated after a few minutes so I only got the foot rest brake and clutch. Which really is all of them except the gas but like I said I was frustrated and it was hot out still.
Plan on doing the gas pedal and snapping some pics afterward.

Looking at buying lowering springs this week. What do y'all recomend?

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well the pedals gave me some trouble the other night. I got frustrated after a few minutes so I only got the foot rest brake and clutch. Which really is all of them except the gas but like I said I was frustrated and it was hot out still.
Plan on doing the gas pedal and snapping some pics afterward.

Looking at buying lowering springs this week. What do y'all recomend?
You gotta get use to them new pedals. Its gonna take a few days.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, the pedals feel great when driving. I meant to say they gave me some trouble to install. I love the look of these pedals and they don't really feel different than stock. They have good grip an aren't big or bulky.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Need some opinions on wheather i should go with stock taillights or if i should do the all black?
I really like how some cars look with the blacked out tailights and being that my car is black i think it would look good.
What do y'all think?

Opinions welcome.

Also, anyone have experinence with removing the black "paint" from their lights?

floralvikings

Need some opinions on wheather i should go with stock taillights or if i should do the all black?
I really like how some cars look with the blacked out tailights and being that my car is black i think it would look good.
What do y'all think?

Opinions welcome.

Also, anyone have experinence with removing the black "paint" from their lights?
I actually think they would look pretty good if you could match the colors closely, but if they don't match just right I think it might ruin the effect :what:

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I haven't done too much to this car. It's up for sale right now but here where it's at right now.
I added some blacked out tail lights, I think they're alltezas blacked out. I like them.
Also got the windows tinted and got the short shifter installed. I love the shifting in this car, and the short shifter just made it better. The gear box seems so but better than a regular civic.
Got some 16" rims.
I also have lowering springs that I was going to install the same day I found my other car. So now there is no point in lowering it if I sell it.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good. Loving the red pin striping and lip, makes it unique.
Thanks, the car had the pinstripe already so I decided to just go with it and make it work. I really like the red on the rims though. I felt that would bring the car together a lot nicer since it had the pinstripe.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Well your plan worked wonderfully. A friend and I were cruising last night and saw a Del Sol. Looked good, my friend asked me how it felt driving a civic with no backseat, I didn't know what to say since I never have. It must be weird though. I'm so used to having friends/items in the back. One passenger is not enough for me but the dashboards look nice.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car looks good man, how much are you gonna let her go for???...

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well your plan worked wonderfully. A friend and I were cruising last night and saw a Del Sol. Looked good, my friend asked me how it felt driving a civic with no backseat, I didn't know what to say since I never have. It must be weird though. I'm so used to having friends/items in the back. One passenger is not enough for me but the dashboards look nice.
Yeah I actually got this car as a stepping stone to an s2000. I wanted to see if I would be ok with a two passenger car before I went and spent a lot of money on something that I didn't like. I didnt plan on ever selling though because it's so nice in so many aspects. My wife kind of wants me to keep it too but it just doesn't make sense to keep it.
I do like how it's a drivers car. The dash is one of the best for it's time as far as Honda goes. That's just me though, I hate the "EG" dash but love this one.
(yeah I know, mine is technically an EG2 according to VIN)

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
lol np man. but yea, the dash is very nice. I just usually have more than one friend in the car so I need a backseat.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You sold the civic right? I'd hold onto the sol for the right buyer if you can swing it. VTEC models are tough to find.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You sold the civic right? I'd hold onto the sol for the right buyer if you can swing it. VTEC models are tough to find.
Yeah the civic i sold like a month or two after i got the del sol. The guy that bought it was really happy with it and the price. As soon as he test drove it he called his parents to wire him the money for it. He's going to school down here and needed a car to commute in. He already drove it to Seattle and back to Phoenix and plans on taking it back home with him so at least i know that car is in good hands.

I'm definitely holding out for the right buyer for the del sol. I know how hard the VTEC's are to come by. The thing is i really don't want to sell it. Luckily i can hold on to it and could even get away with not selling it at all but it doesn't make financial sense to do so, at least not now.

Oh well, we'll see what kind of offers come by.

1HondaParts

5+ Year Member
Wow looking great buddy. Should get a civic SI lip on there, or the eg civic lip, we sell plenty of them.

Get the EDM fogs next you know you want to =)

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow looking great buddy. Should get a civic SI lip on there, or the eg civic lip, we sell plenty of them.

Get the EDM fogs next you know you want to =)
I for sure want the lip. The EG lip though, i think it looks the best and fits the body well. I'm not too sure on the fogs though.... I love the front lip and if i did that, i think i would want to get EK side skirts and of course mudflaps all around to bring it together.
I'm even debating on weather i should just go ahead and install the lowering springs i have. I forgot what kind they are. I want to say eibach though.

1HondaParts

5+ Year Member
I for sure want the lip. The EG lip though, i think it looks the best and fits the body well. I'm not too sure on the fogs though.... I love the front lip and if i did that, i think i would want to get EK side skirts and of course mudflaps all around to bring it together.
I'm even debating on weather i should just go ahead and install the lowering springs i have. I forgot what kind they are. I want to say eibach though.
The EG lip is only 79$ on our website. You will love the EDM fogs soon I have a second pair I will get some photos up. EK side skirts look great or even rsx side skirts add that extra touch. For suspension I am picky, but my del sol is my track car, I have the pro c skunk 2 setup function 7 lca, sub frame brace, gsr sway bar for now..here is a photo..