We should have a CC car show

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The ride ot the month thing isnt the same as it used to be so i think that maybe we could change it up..

You know how at car shows they have different categories like nicest paint , best interior, best hatch, best coupe, best sedan, nicest engine bay, 1st place 2nd place 3rd place..

We should do somthing like that on CC maybe. I think that would be really cool and wouls spark some new interest on CLubcivic..

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm...good thinkin. I second that.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds interesting...

jonesEK

5+ Year Member
It might just be me cause Im lazy.... But isnt that going to be alot for 1 month?... how bout every two months?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its an interesting idea.. id like to see it developed further..

just an FYI.. there is no ROTM anymore it is now featured ride and changes less frequently.. but it DOES change.. just so you know.. = )

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jonesEK said:
It might just be me cause Im lazy.... But isnt that going to be alot for 1 month?... how bout every two months?

definately not every month.. maybe a once a 1/4 thing.. :D

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am gonna actually make a whole plan for this cause i would like to really see this happen....The featured ride thing is kinda boring IMO well at least compared to what it was when there was ROTM

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could split the country up into X amount of regions (5-6?) and then have that many meets.. one representing each region. That way you have lots of meets but it also allows people from all over the country to attend a meet near them. Give all of those awards out at each regional meet.. then at the end of the year we highlight the winners from each region of the country. Maybe even vote for the best overall from each of the regional finalists.

I dunno.. I just woke up :P

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ :lol:

yeah, you need to go back to bed lol

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zoops said:
You could split the country up into X amount of regions (5-6?) and then have that many meets.. one representing each region. That way you have lots of meets but it also allows people from all over the country to attend a meet near them. Give all of those awards out at each regional meet.. then at the end of the year we highlight the winners from each region of the country. Maybe even vote for the best overall from each of the regional finalists.

I dunno.. I just woke up :P
5-6 x body styles x generations = like 90 winners! Id say just generations or body style or both. Regions would just complicate it more.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YellowSi said:
5-6 x body styles x generations = like 90 winners! Id say just generations or body style or both. Regions would just complicate it more.

i agree

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea we should do it like how they do the photoshop contest, or have its own "room" where people post pics and specs then every 1 votes.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe somthing along the lines of

Clubcivic carshow section

The subsections would include...

Best 2 dr--3dr--4dr--4th gen---5thgen--6th gen---7th gen--nicest engine/ bay----nicest interior---nicest exterior-- then best of show

participants can enter in any of the sections that they choose... there would be no limitations as to how long youve been here on cc

everyone will be allowed to vote

for example oc_civic might enter his car in "best two door" , "6th gen" , "nicest interior", and "best of show" but he might only win "best 6th gen"

or Tom might enter "best 4th gen" "nicest 3 door" and he might win both..

The contest would start on one day giving people time to post pics in their desired subsections...there would be a deadline for participants to enter in probally about a week or two.. then we would vote on all categories..

How does this sound, I hope someone else like my idea... I think it would be cool for new visitors to come and be able to view the best 5th gen of the site and the best exterior of the site etc...

This contest would also show almost the general consensus of the site as to whats hot and whats not for civics... I know that when i go onto other sites I always wish i could know what everybody thinks is a nice looking car..

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YellowSi said:
Yea we should do it like how they do the photoshop contest, or have its own "room" where people post pics and specs then every 1 votes.
? photoshop contests are probably not the thing you;d want to compare this to since there are practicaly no similarities other than the poll.

i don;t see anything wrong with the featured ride thing as it is. since personally i don;t care who has the "nicest" or whatever you want to call it ride on the site. i just don;t think its a really popular thing on the site.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
? photoshop contests are probably not the thing you;d want to compare this to since there are practicaly no similarities other than the poll.

i don;t see anything wrong with the featured ride thing as it is. since personally i don;t care who has the "nicest" or whatever you want to call it ride on the site. i just don;t think its a really popular thing on the site.
Im talkin bout people entering and people voting

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really hope that people will like this idea

Sirk

5+ Year Member
i like the idea, but if it was done too often we'd soon run out of enteries, or someone would end up winning for like 6 months in a row, maybe every 3 -4 months? i dunno =)

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like the idea a lot. you're right that featured ride is kinda boring but thats what was decided since getting a new car every month for ROTM wasn't really working. i'd like to have a different category every month or so. i'd be up for it.